The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Embarrasing interview moment

I just had an interview at Solent University for TV Production and it went really well! Untillll.. at the end instead of just leaving the meeting I left the breakout room we had been put in, and interrupted another girls interview.

I'm so embarrassed, this is gonna be on my mind for a while lmao
It's only in your mind! Don't worry about it if you're worried if they'll remember - they won't.

Pretty funny though. What was the reaction of the other girl?
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Reply 2
Original post by Stickman
It's only in your mind! Don't worry about it if you're worried if they'll remember - they won't.

Pretty funny though. What was the reaction of the other girl?

the other girl had just finished saying her point I think, she just kinda went 'oh' and looked really confused
Original post by AveriNova
I just had an interview at Solent University for TV Production and it went really well! Untillll.. at the end instead of just leaving the meeting I left the breakout room we had been put in, and interrupted another girls interview.

I'm so embarrassed, this is gonna be on my mind for a while lmao

Whoops :console:.

It won't affect your chances of admission and the feeling of embarassment won't last long, so try to distract yourself until it goes away :smile:. There are more embarassing interview stories out there, you definitely aren't alone!
I mean really it's Solent's fault for conducting the interviews in the same call via breakout rooms instead of in individual calls for each applicant, assuming they are using different interviewers for each? Seems like an odd choice...that could lead to stuff like this happening.
Reply 5
Original post by 15Characters...
Whoops :console:.

It won't affect your chances of admission and the feeling of embarassment won't last long, so try to distract yourself until it goes away :smile:. There are more embarassing interview stories out there, you definitely aren't alone!

Yeah the interview itself went quite well - i'm gonna watch netflix until it's all but a distant memory lol
Reply 6
Original post by artful_lounger
I mean really it's Solent's fault for conducting the interviews in the same call via breakout rooms instead of in individual calls for each applicant, assuming they are using different interviewers for each? Seems like an odd choice...that could lead to stuff like this happening.

yeah I was kinda confused at first when I was let into the zoom call and there where 2 other 17/18 yr olds in there. I thought for a second it was going to be some kind of group interview. Now that you mention it someone else probably has definitely done want I did cause its an easy mistake to make assuming they're doing all their interviews this way
Reply 7
Don't worry I am definitely going to end up doing something like this lol- I was wondering how the rest of the interview went? I have mine for film and TV in a few days and really don't know what to expect!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by tapatora
Don't worry I am definitely going to end up doing something like this lol- I was wondering how the rest of the interview went? I have mine for film and TV in a few days and really don't know what to expect!

oh the rest of the interview was great! there were 2 guys and a girl that could potentially interview you and I got the girl. She really just asked me some things about my personal statement and why I would like to study at Solent (like what you like about the course and stuff). There was lots of room for questions at the end so I recommend asking anything - my girl went really into depth with her answers to my questions and took pressure and nervousness off of me by leading the questions, if that makes sense lol
When you said embarrassing I thought you farted or something loool.

Don't worry about it in the slightest. It would not impact the outcome of your application in any way.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending