The Student Room Group

How to prepare for an interview?

For research assistant or any role?
I am prone to anxiety and i always mess up my interviews. Sometimes I feel like I can't even articulate myself.

What to do and how to prepare?
Reply 1
if you can find any info about the interview process of that place online, id recommend reading through it so you're not going into it blind, maybe try to prepare answers in advance for some common questions? also - as generic as it sounds, breathing techniques can help a lot in terms of staying calm in the moment - box breathing is a good one for this, definitely helped me in interviews before! most interviewers will be understanding of being anxious during interviews and you won't be negatively judged for it! i've been through many interviews so if you have any further questions, just lmk!
Reply 2
Agreed with above, for me knowing as much as I can about it helps and they'll absolutely understand nerves. It's also okay to ask to think about a question if you're unsure. id also say to research more about them and when you're practicing the interview questions, keep going until it flows well for you and you feel more confident and use feedback from family or friends.

I used a practice interview tool which gave feedback on how I answered the questions, but also gave body language tips to help improve. I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending