The Student Room Group

epilating 'down there'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Owie! Don't do it! Even the thought hurts!
how bout telling him to like it or lump it...... sod doing it just for his sake!!!!!

completely agree. I bet he doesn't wax his pubes.
Reply 22
foundintransmission
I got an epilator the other week thinking exactly the same thing.
So far I've done my legs and it hurts, but I thought it was alright after I got used to it a bit. My mum tried it and went mad that it hurt? So I think it depends on your pain threshold.
I did try a little bit 'down yonder' it hurt so i only did a tiny bit. I'll definately be doing my legs for quite a while before I attempt that again. It's not supposed to hurt as much if you have bath beforehand and suchlike. I found the redness took a day or two to go down on my legs first time, but I put alot of moisturiser on. I wouldn't recommend doing it the night before your going somewhere important. And seeing as it stays smooth you can do it a couple of days before.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

ooo thank you that was helpful!
hmm the redness for a few days thing could get annoying but I think it stops going red for as long after a while
anyone know how long the hair has to be before a home waxing kit works well?
and to the two who said i should just leave it i make him trim his hair as well lol and plus I don't mind, I don't want him to be grossed out by me or anything i don't mind getting rid of the hair that much
Ow Ow Ow Ow Ow No No No!!!!!!!!
I would just like to add that you should be VERY careful. VERY careful.

Don't use it on sensitive bits and ONLY for your bikini line, epilators are nasty things sometimes. Ever got your skin caught in one? Yeah imagine that happening.

It hurts enough on my underarms.
Reply 25
nemnem
ooo thank you that was helpful!
hmm the redness for a few days thing could get annoying but I think it stops going red for as long after a while
anyone know how long the hair has to be before a home waxing kit works well?
and to the two who said i should just leave it i make him trim his hair as well lol and plus I don't mind, I don't want him to be grossed out by me or anything i don't mind getting rid of the hair that much

I used to do it, it's very possible, but please be very careful!! I did it in a hurry once (and didn't exfoliate) and have regretting it since - LOADS of hairs snapped and then consequently went ingrown. It was hell dealing with them!

Have been put off epilating there now because of that. It's quite sore but you do get used to it - when I first got the epilator 4 years ago I could barely do my legs, built up to bikini line.

If you exfoliate etcetc and are careful it'll be fine :smile:
Reply 26
The mere thought made me gasp out loud. I can't imagine there'd be any permanant damage, but I should imagine it'd be a hard process to sit through :s-smilie:
Reply 27
Cold wax is usually ****, and so is water based wax. However I use hot oil-soluble wax which works quite well, but you have to be careful not to get it everywhere because it's a bitch to get off your fingers/clothes. However a Brazilian at a salon is my best option, I only do it on my own when I'm feeling skint. Tip: use a mirror. Makes it waaaay easier.

An epilator sounds unnecessarily painful :tongue: Exfoliating afterwards is also REALLY important or you'll be plagued with annoying ingrowing hairs.

I don't reccomend shaving because the hairs get stronger and become thicker and it doesn't last very long and itches as it's growing back.
Reply 28
waxing is the way forward!!

even the noise of epilators scares me lol
It makes me shudder thinking of epilating down there.
Reply 30
nemnem
yeah but apart from the pain, would it damage me? lol. I've had it waxed before and the pain of that wasn't too bad until the very last middle bit then i like cried; i would just epilate until there is a line down the middle haha then i would shave that bit haha i would leave it hairy but my bf doesn't like it
in my opinion it looks nicer though but oh well lol

It could damage you actually. The hair's there to protect you from infection etc. Since I quickly get bladder infections I definitely wouldn't ever try to remove everything. I mean I shave, just not as much as that o.o My boyfriend isn't very happy either, but screw that.
Reply 31
Zenobia
It could damage you actually. The hair's there to protect you from infection etc. Since I quickly get bladder infections I definitely wouldn't ever try to remove everything. I mean I shave, just not as much as that o.o My boyfriend isn't very happy either, but screw that.

The hair isn't there to protect you, it's there as an by product of evolution from back in the day where people would be attracted to their mates by smelling pheromones which would stick to the hair and be more easily smelt.

But removing the hair from the follicle does make you more susceptible to things like spots, but not bladder infections. If you don't wanna get bladder infections just 'pop a squat' at public loos instead of sitting lol :tongue:
Reply 32
Dissey
The hair isn't there to protect you, it's there as an by product of evolution from back in the day where people would be attracted to their mates by smelling pheromones which would stick to the hair and be more easily smelt.

I really have to disagree with that... one of the body's hair's functions is certainly protection, just like nose hair filters the air you breathe.

Eventhough you are right in that sense, and also that bacteria can actually get stuck in hair and make it less hygenic, the best way is honestly mid-way, not a lot of hair, so there won't be lots of icky bacteria, but also not no hair, since that makes a barrier free way for bacteria to pass through to other places. Clothes can protect us from a lot but there's also a reason we are taught to put on clean underwear every day.
Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.....
Reply 34
Zenobia
I really have to disagree with that... one of the body's hair's functions is certainly protection, just like nose hair filters the air you breathe.

Eventhough you are right in that sense, and also that bacteria can actually get stuck in hair and make it less hygenic, the best way is honestly mid-way, not a lot of hair, so there won't be lots of icky bacteria, but also not no hair, since that makes a barrier free way for bacteria to pass through to other places. Clothes can protect us from a lot but there's also a reason we are taught to put on clean underwear every day.

Nah, nose hair filters dust from the air you breathe, head hair protects you from the sun and mechanical damage, pubes just help you smell more attractive to the opposite sex.

Anyway, whatever :p:
I epilate my bikini line regularly, the more you do it the less painful it gets and the less hair grows back! Just pull the skin very taut and start from the sides and work your way in x
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the laser, which is a less painful and definitive solution.
Original post by ElenayConcha
I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the laser, which is a less painful and definitive solution.

I’m surprised you revived a 9 year old thread
I'm new here ... and curious
try using tweezers down there and then imagine multiple of them down there im guessing thats what it feels like

Quick Reply

Latest