The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

swansea info

hi
im renting a room in swansea for uni and was wondering if anyone knows which place is safe for girls? thank you
Original post by Anonymous
hi
im renting a room in swansea for uni and was wondering if anyone knows which place is safe for girls? thank you

There is nowhere in the world that is totally safe. Most parts of Swansea are as safe as anywhere. Generally the student areas are Uplands and Brynmill and are as safe as anywhere and Sketty is quite nice. It really boils down to finding accommodation at a price. Killay is really nice but I think you will struggle to get accommodation at a price there. The marina and SA1 are decent as well but likely to be costly.

I would definitely avoid the part of High Street from the station away from the city centre and probably avoid Townhill. Generally areas further out that have some of housing estates might be best avoided but then students wont go in those areas.

I think I would probably look at Uplands and Sketty if possible. Both are quite decent but might be expensive. Other than that look into Brynmill or the marina areas.

A key factor might be which campus you are studying at and how far you are prepared to travel but as said Uplands, Brynmill and Sketty are your best options.

Just be careful wherever you are if you go out at night.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
thank you for your help really appreciate it
Original post by swanseajack1
There is nowhere in the world that is totally safe. Most parts of Swansea are as safe as anywhere. Generally the student areas are Uplands and Brynmill and are as safe as anywhere and Sketty is quite nice. It really boils down to finding accommodation at a price. Killay is really nice but I think you will struggle to get accommodation at a price there. The marina and SA1 are decent as well but likely to be costly.

I would definitely avoid the part of High Street from the station away from the city centre and probably avoid Townhill. Generally areas further out that have some of housing estates might be best avoided but then students wont go in those areas.

I think I would probably look at Uplands and Sketty if possible. Both are quite decent but might be expensive. Other than that look into Brynmill or the marina areas.

A key factor might be which campus you are studying at and how far you are prepared to travel but as said Uplands, Brynmill and Sketty are your best options.

Just be careful wherever you are if you go out at night.

Ah, used to love Uplands. My housemates and I would spend most weekends at Uplands Diner after a Friday night of clubbing. Good days. I would recommend the area, it is fairly lively! Agree about avoiding the area surrounding the station, rough area.

Quick Reply

Latest