The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
suek
Sorry to barge in since I'm not at York - the thread came up on the side and I thought I'd poke my head in. :smile:

I take notes in lectures on my laptop using OneNote 2007, it's freaking ace! I love it to bits. I'm the only one with a laptop in lectures (so far), but my battery lasts a good five hours so it can handle it (most days I just have four hours, if I have six I can charge it up a bit at lunch).

I don't think my typing is too annoying... I can do it quite quietly on the keyboard anyway.

And at the end of the day I tidy up the notes a bit and hop onto our online Blackboard, get the ppt files off and stick any useful diagrams into my OneNote Notebook. (Windows Key + S with OneNote running allows you to do a screengrab very similar to what the Macs do, you can just select a portion and it dumps it right into OneNote, it's seriously great :smile:)

If you do want to go that route, think small screen and long battery life. Mine is a Samsung Q45.

Same laptop here :biggrin:
University of York
York
Reply 21
OneNote2007??? First ive heard of this program - what is it, and what does it do? And how much is it? and where can i get it? And am I asking to many questions?
Reply 22
It's part of MS Office.
Reply 23
Decided to get a laptop so I can easily take it home on weekends and holidays, even if I don't take it to lectures.

Still looking for a good deal. I'm looking for a decent graphics card, a core2/64bit processor and at least 2gb of RAM for under £400. Staples had an ideal one with an nVidia 7000M for graphics, and the other specs I want, but it was out of stock.

Considering this one atm:
http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/Samsung_R60_Plus_Notebook_With_ultra_sleek_casing_NP-R60FY0N-SUK/version.asp
The 7000M isn't a good graphics card at all. For them requirements, you're not going to get near the £400 mark, I would say you need to look at spending ~£700

Latest

Trending

Trending