The Student Room Group
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website

DO NOT GO TO UEL (university of east london) PLEASE

I currently study at UEL, (university of east london) and it is by far an awful university. The support staff are incompotent. The admin staff-even worse. I am so disappointed by the department I study in, who have treated students with a complete disregard. This is not discussed enough. The teaching is sub-standard, stretching to uninformative. I cannot wait to get out of here. I urge everyone not to study here. Wellbeing and mental health are not valued or even remotely considered. I have worked and studied at better institutes that reply to student emails, exert humanity and give you a better education. I am currently undergoing a complaint. My experience is shared amongst many of my cohort. Please when choosing a university, look at the student support and satisfaction percentage and choose accordingly. I only wish I had.
Omg...

I started a degree apprenticeship back in 2017 with UEL being the degree provider and they were absolutely awful when it came to accommodating me in regards to my Mental Health.

They condoned bullying from other students and the lecturers couldn't even grade work properly. I have so many bad stories at this university its unbelievable. In the end I decided to quit the degree apprenticeship which was sad as I was with an amazing company BUT I couldn't complete the apprenticeship whilst being at this ****hole.
Library, University of East London
University of East London
London
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Omg...

I started a degree apprenticeship back in 2017 with UEL being the degree provider and they were absolutely awful when it came to accommodating me in regards to my Mental Health.

They condoned bullying from other students and the lecturers couldn't even grade work properly. I have so many bad stories at this university its unbelievable. In the end I decided to quit the degree apprenticeship which was sad as I was with an amazing company BUT I couldn't complete the apprenticeship whilst being at this ****hole.

I'm really sorry to hear this. It's just awful that an education institute are so careless in listening and supporting their students. I have been genuinely shocked at the stories i've heard and it's not right. I like you have had issues with the university even acknowledging my mental health so I can empathise how disapointing it is, especially with so much knowledge and legalities surrounding good mental health practises. I hope you've moved onto better things, than this disgusting university.
thank you, you saved my friend's career

Latest

Trending

Trending