The Student Room Group

How can I unlock the ability to send private messages on TSR?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Kolni

need to be a member 3 days, post a few questions in forums. but even that dont matter in my case smh
Reply 2
Original post by Ethane_the_pug
need to be a member 3 days, post a few questions in forums. but even that dont matter in my case smh

Exactly, I'm a bit baffled ngl..
You should have the ability soon :smile: new users have limitations on PMs and VMs to reduce spamming and trolling :smile:
Reply 4
I’m having the same issue, didn’t realize I needed to post questions before I could reply to PM’s
Probationary usergroup :drool:
Original post by Kolni

I believe you need at least 10 or 15 posts in the main forum :yep: But don't spam or the posts get removed and then they don't count :tongue:
Reply 7
thanks for all the answers, I have been posting in forums for over 3 days so I guess I just need to post a bit more maybe??
(btw, i'm asking bc someone PM'd me a question and i can't respond)
Reply 8
Original post by Lemur14
I believe you need at least 10 or 15 posts in the main forum :yep: But don't spam or the posts get removed and then they don't count :tongue:

what do u mean by main forum?
Original post by Kolni
what do u mean by main forum?

In any of these forums :smile:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forum.php
Reply 10

i think i have been posting in those forums so let's just hope the system sorts itself out
posted in forums and been a member for a few years but now i cant send messages?
Reply 12
Do you think the new policies have glitched? I've been a member for a few months and I've made several posts today but it still says I need to make 2 more. I just want to talk to my friends on here again :frown:
Original post by emzc22
Do you think the new policies have glitched? I've been a member for a few months and I've made several posts today but it still says I need to make 2 more. I just want to talk to my friends on here again :frown:

Where does it say how many more post you need to make
Original post by Lemur14

ok so its 10-15 questions? thank you. i was really confused when it said post a few times cause ive got 203 posts under my belt.
Original post by Kolni

Hello! We've just updated the criteria for being able to send PMs so that's why it may look different now. You just need to have been a member for 3 days and made 2 posts in the forums. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by stormm3yy18
Where does it say how many more post you need to make

Whenever I go to send a PM that's what it tells me
Original post by Kolni

Hey hey, so we've just looked into it and it looks like there's a delay in the way the changes are being processed for some members, but it should fix itself overnight tonight. Can you check back tomorrow and see if it's started working? Give me a shout here if not. Sorry for the weird transition - not what we'd planned! :colondollar:
You've to sacrifice two virgins to Thor first.
Original post by Ethane_the_pug
ok so its 10-15 questions? thank you. i was really confused when it said post a few times cause ive got 203 posts under my belt.

Looks like the criteria has been update, if you read above hopefully it will be processed for you in the next few days :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending