The Student Room Group

NGDP Finance Scheme

Come across this scheme, it's part of the National Graduate Development Programme (NGDP) but specifically for those interested in a career in public sector finance. 21 London councils including the London Met police are participating. It's a four-year program plus you get to do the CIPFA qualification. Has anyone else applied/ thinking of applying ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Thomasy G
Come across this scheme, it's part of the National Graduate Development Programme (NGDP) but specifically for those interested in a career in public sector finance. 21 London councils including the London Met police are participating. It's a four-year program plus you get to do the CIPFA qualification. Has anyone else applied/ thinking of applying ?

It use to be the Finance the Future Scheme. I'm coming to the end of the qualification. Any questions, let me know.
Reply 2
Original post by Miah11
It use to be the Finance the Future Scheme. I'm coming to the end of the qualification. Any questions, let me know.

Hi! I’ve applied for the scheme and I am interested in finding out more about it and your experience, would it be ok if I message you privately please?
Reply 3
Original post by mxv

Hi! I’ve applied for the scheme and I am interested in finding out more about it and your experience, would it be ok if I message you privately please?

Yeah sure no problem
Reply 4
Original post by Miah11
Yeah sure no problem

Thank you! I've just sent you a message :smile:
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I Know is a bit late but I have the virtual assessment centre tomorrow for the NGDP-Finance so I was wondering if you guys have any tips and advice on how I can be successful. Please let me know, it will be really helpful. Thanks
Reply 6
Original post by Ahmed0912
Hi Everyone,

I hope you are doing well. I Know is a bit late but I have the virtual assessment centre tomorrow for the NGDP-Finance so I was wondering if you guys have any tips and advice on how I can be successful. Please let me know, it will be really helpful. Thanks

Just seen this. I hope it went well.
Original post by Miah11
Just seen this. I hope it went well.
Yh I hope the same 😂. Results will be announced mid of March. Have you managed to secure a place?
Reply 8
Original post by Ahmed0912
Yh I hope the same 😂. Results will be announced mid of March. Have you managed to secure a place?

I just finished the qualification. Passed my last exam in January
Original post by Miah11
I just finished the qualification. Passed my last exam in January
Oh congratulations. Is it possible if you can let me know what is the process like for working there. And what sort of peperation can help me with my interview with the council if I hopefully pass the assessment centre. I would really appreciate your help. It would better if you can send me a private message as it won't let me send one for some reason. Thanks anyway.
Reply 10
Just recieved an email that I’ve got through to the council interviews anyone else recieved theirs and any tips ??
i am yet to receive a mail for the ngdp finance since after assessment centre
Original post by A_N1
Just recieved an email that I’ve got through to the council interviews anyone else recieved theirs and any tips ??
Yeahh same got through too, heard it’s around 50% success rate now
Original post by walking492
Yeahh same got through too, heard it’s around 50% success rate now

Only 49 slots available
Anyone got more than 1 borough?
Reply 15
Original post by Ugomanuel
Anyone got more than 1 borough?

Is that possible as I got my first choice only?
Original post by A_N1
Is that possible as I got my first choice only?

What's your first choice?
Reply 17
Westminster
Original post by Miah11

do we have to find our own university or they will provide everything in regards to education? or we need to enrol ourself to an university?
Reply 19
Original post by alia171
do we have to find our own university or they will provide everything in regards to education? or we need to enrol ourself to an university?

Education will be provided by CIPFA. They have face to face classes in certain locations but also have online web classes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending