The Student Room Group

Chem Engineering applicants 2009/2010

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
kinglrb
I got a letter from UCL yesterday, says that they're happy to give me an offer. I should receive with details of this offer within a month. Did the same happen with the rest of you?

I got the letter a few days after being notified of the offer through Track. This is probably because they sent them all out at the same time but I live in Spain so the letter had a lot longer to travel. So far I've gotten offers from Sheffield, UCL and Bath. :biggrin: Just waiting on Edinburgh and Imperial now.
Reply 81
Skycat
I got the letter a few days after being notified of the offer through Track. This is probably because they sent them all out at the same time but I live in Spain so the letter had a lot longer to travel. So far I've gotten offers from Sheffield, UCL and Bath. :biggrin: Just waiting on Edinburgh and Imperial now.

Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what is your offer? and did you apply for the Meng or the Beng? I am under the impression from the website and UCAS that the minimum requirements are BBB but I think thats been proven wrong.
Reply 82
I'm going to Cambridge on Tuesday for my interview...........any other person going on the same day? what would the interview be like?
Reply 83
Emperor
I'm going to Cambridge on Tuesday for my interview...........any other person going on the same day? what would the interview be like?

be ready for technical questions
be ready to defend your point of view
be ready for more than one interviewer in the room
be ready to have your personal statement probed
You may have a generel interview............
Wow that just makes the birmingham interview feel like a walk in the park..
Any1 that had an interview heard from imperial yet?
Reply 86
gotta a friend who said he got an offer from imperial... shud ave applied there 2 lol
Reply 87
kinglrb
Congratulations! If you don't mind me asking what is your offer? and did you apply for the Meng or the Beng? I am under the impression from the website and UCAS that the minimum requirements are BBB but I think thats been proven wrong.

Thanks. :biggrin: I applied for the MEng since I had a talk with a few people on here and they recommended doing that extra year since then you can become a chartered engineer in IChemE without having to do too much extra stuff like you would with the BEng. I don't mind giving out the details at all:

Sheffield - ABB, including maths and chemistry.
UCL - AABc. I need an A in maths, AB in two of chemistry, physics, biology, and a pass at AS in the third of the above mentioned sciences.
Bath - AAB. I need an A in either maths or chemistry.

Cheers
Reply 88
I got an interview at Manchester on the 16th ... but I can't make it. On average how long did it take everyone to get a conditional offer from UCL?
UCL got back to me within 2 week saying i got an offer but it then takes a further month or so for the actual offer.
squiro
gotta a friend who said he got an offer from imperial... shud ave applied there 2 lol

When was his interview!
Reply 91
wow.......the cambridge interview was horrible!!!
i didnt finish the TSA test and the interview itself was ok lol
I have an interview comming up at imperial on the 17th of dec!!
Reply 92
do ppl get feedback on their TSA scores
Reply 93
z@hra
gosh everyone seems to be applying to Manchester and Imperial!

I feel like I stand no chance now! and it's even worse because I don't have PHYSiCS!! I have Maths, Chemistry, Economics and Arabic and (biology AS)

Im applying to:

Leeds- live there anyway
Manchester: for chemical engineering with chemistry
Imperial
UCl
Nottingham: For chemical with environmental engineering

Anyone have an interiview yet?

I take Chemistry, Mathematics and Physics (planning to do Arabic as well) a level.
I am also applying to chemical engineering in
Manchester, Sheffield, UCL, Imperial and Loughbourough. I have interview from Manchester, and offer from sheffield.
Do you have an interview in manchester
I have a interview with Manchester tomorrow, but I'm ill and feel like crap atm :frown: - Still going : D
Reply 95
I have a interview with Manchester tomorrow, but I'm ill and feel like crap atm - Still going : D

I wouldn't worry if i were you, the interview is more like a chat...........all u hv to do is know something to talk about
Reply 96
Hi, I have an interview/open day on Friday the 12th of December Chemical engineering at Manchester University, very worried and excited.
I got offer from Sheffield.
Does anyone have an interview in Manchester on 12th december
Reply 97
chibi-sama
UCL got back to me within 2 week saying i got an offer but it then takes a further month or so for the actual offer.

I got an a letter saying UCL will give me an offer but conditions of offer will come in a months time
Reply 98
What sort of questions do they ask on a Manchester interview
I have one on 12 th december
Emperor
I wouldn't worry if I were you, the interview is more like a chat...........all u have to do is know something to talk about

It’s more like a chat which is reassuring and if you have something to talk about it'll be fine. In my Birmingham interview I was talking about nanotechnology?! Random eh?

Anyways I'll find out tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest