The Student Room Group

How do I get in the zone when revising?

When I revise I always feel quite distracted. But a couple times I randomly manage to "get in the zone" where I am heavily focused and sometimes I don't even want to have a break because of how focused I am. however "getting in the zone" happens naturally and I can't get in the zone if I want to.
is there any way to purposely get in the zone?
Reply 1
for me to “get in the zone” i have to put my phone in a draw and on silent, put some earphones in or some headphones on if it’s quite loud in my house, i gotta light a candle (mainly just cos i really like candles lol and for me certain smells can sorta trigger your brain into thinking oh vanilla means it’s time to work! idk why i think that way tho it may just be me 😭). I have to have a tidy desk and a tidy room, and i like to set timers when working. I also find that watching other people work, like a study with me video or a study motivation video on tiktok or youtube helps me get in the zone, cos i think “oh i wanna be all aesthetic while i study too! let me try!”

Music also helps, just quite study music or listening to nature sounds i really like to do, like bird sounds they’re quite nice especially now it’s spring and there’s not much wildlife near me (:
Reply 2
Original post by Amak203
When I revise I always feel quite distracted. But a couple times I randomly manage to "get in the zone" where I am heavily focused and sometimes I don't even want to have a break because of how focused I am. however "getting in the zone" happens naturally and I can't get in the zone if I want to.
is there any way to purposely get in the zone?

Heya!

Personally, I listen to some music in headphones to get into the zone :h: You can also break down tasks. Sometimes getting started on a task can be overwhelming, so breaking it down into smaller, more manageable tasks can help you feel more in control and less distracted.

Also, remove anything that could interrupt your focus, such as turning off notifications on your phone, closing unnecessary tabs on your computer, and finding a quiet study space.

I hope this helps!
Milena
UCL PFE
Study Mind

Quick Reply

Latest