The Student Room Group

Is Creative Media Production useless?

I wanna go college to study Creative Media Production (Lvl 3 Diploma) at one of the apparent best colleges for such a subject. I'm interested in writing, music, art and especially music videos and stuff. And I've always liked taking photos and videos to document stuff, I find video documentaries and niche short films and stuff quite interesting. I also wanna go to University afterwards, ideally UAL. Is this a useless pathway to take? Is the course even worth anything, and will I be able to make an actual living? I do quite well academically (Predicted atleast an 8 in English, and nothing lower than a 6 in everything else) but I see no reason purusing anything else as this best fits what I want to do. Do I relenquish my passions for a subject that will ultimately get me more money in the future?? I need somebody's honest opinion on this please! Give it to me as it is.
(edited 6 months ago)
The UAL extended diploma in creative media production will be accepted for entry onto any decent film, media, animation, creative degree (assuming that your showreel/portfolio is suitable and you get a decent grade)
Original post by kazood
I wanna go college to study Creative Media Production (Lvl 3 Diploma) at one of the apparent best colleges for such a subject. I'm interested in writing, music, art and especially music videos and stuff. And I've always liked taking photos and videos to document stuff, I find video documentaries and niche short films and stuff quite interesting. I also wanna go to University afterwards, ideally UAL. Is this a useless pathway to take? Is the course even worth anything, and will I be able to make an actual living? I do quite well academically (Predicted atleast an 8 in English, and nothing lower than a 6 in everything else) but I see no reason purusing anything else as this best fits what I want to do. Do I relenquish my passions for a subject that will ultimately get me more money in the future?? I need somebody's honest opinion on this please! Give it to me as it is.

Hi @kazood :h:

I did a level 3 diploma in Creative Media Production, and am now in my 3rd year of Film and Television Studies at UEA! I really enjoyed the course I did, it had a nice mixture of everything and was really fun. Maybe visit an open day if they have any on offer? Or if you have specific questions/queries about their course reach out and ask - I'm sure they'll be happy to help. Best of luck with whatever you decide to do :h:

Danielle :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending