The Student Room Group

Maths

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question
figure 1 shows a sketch of a curve with equation y=f(x) and a straight line l. The curve C meets l at the point (-2,13) and (0,25) as shown. The shaded region R is bounded by C and l as shown in figure 1. Given that f(x) is quadratic function in x. (-2,13) is the minimum turning point of y=f(x). Use inequalities to define R.
Reply 1
Original post by Mudjdh
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help me with this question
figure 1 shows a sketch of a curve with equation y=f(x) and a straight line l. The curve C meets l at the point (-2,13) and (0,25) as shown. The shaded region R is bounded by C and l as shown in figure 1. Given that f(x) is quadratic function in x. (-2,13) is the minimum turning point of y=f(x). Use inequalities to define R.

Can you upload a picture of the original question as well as what youve tried?
Where does the question come from?
Reply 2
Original post by Mudjdh
I can’t really upload the picture it’s not letting me FD4AE86B-FBB0-4DEF-B98B-7F8E546D7645.jpeg (okay it did now)

And your attempt and which exam paper is this
Reply 3
Original post by Mudjdh
FA17650D-121B-4C37-9BC3-955A0BEA66DD.jpeg This is what I’ve done so far but I don’t know what to do now. ( I don’t think it’s right tho)

Upside down and the working in the top left is hard to see in the shadow.
Which exam paper is this pls?
What are you stuck with?
For the line, write it as an inequality. There must be an example in your textbook.
For the quadratic you could put in complete the square form or differentiate to get the minimum point or ... You must have done examples where you form a quadratic from points on the curve? Again, there will be some examples in your textbook.

Quick Reply

Latest