The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3060
Original post by skint flint
I am sooo excited just received my midwifery interview invite in the post today.. I am soo happy xxx

aww congratss :smile: :smile: xx
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
I am sooo excited just received my midwifery interview invite in the post today.. I am soo happy xxx

Excellent news......well done.
sept 2010 nursie here, I'm out on placement 5 at the minute and still loving every minute!
All the very best with interviews guys, it's a stressful time but try to keep calm...you will be asked 5 questions by a panel of 2, these questions will then be scored out of a total of 25 with those scoring the highest being made conditional offers around may time. Fingers crossed for each and every one of you best of luck!! :smile: xxxx

:biggrin: welll done! soo chuffed i got mine today too! now to get focused! :smile:
Reply 3064
hey, was just wondering if anyone could answer or have any idea on my query :/

i have got an interview on wed! but my maths grade was a C. will people with a higher grade have priority. or was that only for shortlisting for interview? cos as far as i am aware the interview is 5 questions and marked out of 25, surely 5 marks per question? worried :frown:

alsoo see when the interviewers ask you at the end, 'have you any questions' does it look bad to answer no...

xox :smile:
Original post by nicoleio
hey, was just wondering if anyone could answer or have any idea on my query :/

i have got an interview on wed! but my maths grade was a C. will people with a higher grade have priority. or was that only for shortlisting for interview? cos as far as i am aware the interview is 5 questions and marked out of 25, surely 5 marks per question? worried :frown:

alsoo see when the interviewers ask you at the end, 'have you any questions' does it look bad to answer no...

xox :smile:

Purely on your interview score nicoleio x
Reply 3066
Purely on your interview score nicoleio x

thanks!! thats good to know!x
Original post by edillon
hi im all new to this but i see everybody seems scared about not getting interview letters...i applied to do adult nursing and my surname begins with D i got my letter around the 17th of february....but do not worry because other people in my class are still getting letters and there interviews are for april time so theres still plenty of time..i also heard that rejection letters where started to be sent at the start of last week so i guess if you havent got a rejection letter by now then you just have to wait patiently on your date for your interview. mines is tomorrow 2nd march im sooo nervous there seems to be so many people applied.

AGH Hello you!!!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 3068
Original post by Tyronenew
Excellent news......well done.

Tyronenew, I am replying to you I guess because you are another potential mature student like myself. I got my rejection letter today and am gutted to tell you the truth. The reason being I hadn't done anything academic to the appropriate level in the last 10 years. What's really annoying is that I completed a college course 11.5 years ago way above the level required but that extra year and a half is too much time apparantly. And I have done numerous courses in between. It blows my mind that some 17 year old with absolutely no life experience is considered a better candidate than someone like me with years of experience in a voluntary ambulance association all because I haven't studied to a certain level in 11.5 years. Anyway, just venting really. I'm not having a go at any school leaver who has gotten an interview - congrats to all who have - it's just I am genuinely baffled by the entry criteria. I am considering appealing. Do you think there is any point? Anyway, Tyronenew, I hope your news is better than mine. I am keeping everything crossed for you........
Original post by fifyfo
Tyronenew, I am replying to you I guess because you are another potential mature student like myself. I got my rejection letter today and am gutted to tell you the truth. The reason being I hadn't done anything academic to the appropriate level in the last 10 years. What's really annoying is that I completed a college course 11.5 years ago way above the level required but that extra year and a half is too much time apparantly. And I have done numerous courses in between. It blows my mind that some 17 year old with absolutely no life experience is considered a better candidate than someone like me with years of experience in a voluntary ambulance association all because I haven't studied to a certain level in 11.5 years. Anyway, just venting really. I'm not having a go at any school leaver who has gotten an interview - congrats to all who have - it's just I am genuinely baffled by the entry criteria. I am considering appealing. Do you think there is any point? Anyway, Tyronenew, I hope your news is better than mine. I am keeping everything crossed for you........

I'm sorry to here that you received a rejection letter, don't let it get you down try again for next year i'm sure you will get there, you seem to have alot of life experience why dont you do a essential skills course part time give you a little academic boost. xxx
Reply 3070
Goodluck edillon...What branch did you apply for? x

i had my interview there on friday it was for the adult branch. not to sure how it went but didnt feel very over confident coming out of it but hopefully all goes well. have you had your interview yet?
Reply 3071
fifyfo sorry to hear you got rejection letter you could try and do an access course witch start in september. Queens have been very hard these last few years on applicants. so don't give up!
Anyone got an interview on the 21st March??
Original post by edillon
i had my interview there on friday it was for the adult branch. not to sure how it went but didnt feel very over confident coming out of it but hopefully all goes well. have you had your interview yet?

My interview is tomorrow edillon..... Preparing for my interview at the moment... I applied for adult as well. Did you find the questions tricky? Try not to worry...hard I know x
Reply 3074
see when you are asked. why do you want to be a nurse?? what kind of things are people saying.. i feel i have so much in my head i want to say but wen i talk its just not there. :/ i am practicing my interview questions. and am freeaking out :frown::frown: i am so passionate in nursing. want this so bad :frown: HELP.
Reply 3075
Everyone, thanks for your kind replies - much appreciated. And I am not giving up! I contacted Queen's and I think once I get either an A level or do the Leaving Certificate in a science subject, I should be OK. If I have to wait one more year I will.
Original post by fifyfo

I have not heard anything but I am sure I will get a 'copy and pasted' copy of your letter.

I really did not think that they would have used that as a reason to turn down an application, as it suggests, that as you achieved a certain academic standard a number of years ago that over the years you have some how lost the ability to learn. I must admit it strikes me as a form of ageism. The criteria does not state that requirements for applicants must be gained within a certain period, and if this is the selection criteria then it should have been clear at application stage. It would appear to me that Maths is a key qualification of which I have an A at both O level (that shows my age!) and A level. Are they seriously suggesting that because it was a while ago that I have lost the ability to count or indeed find 'X'?? Even though I have been responsible for multi million pound budgets for a number of years. I will await my rejection letter with interest.
My Nursing interview is on Tuesday 6th March at 9.20am. I havent heard from midwifery as of yet. What time is your interview at?

i got my rejection letter from midwifery :frown: my interview is at 9:30 am :s-smilie:
Original post by laureng55
i got my rejection letter from midwifery :frown: my interview is at 9:30 am :s-smilie:

My Midwifery interview is in April.....I am preparing for my nursing interview as I have my interview at 9.20am tomorrow......so early ffs x
Reply 3079
My interview is tomorrow edillon..... Preparing for my interview at the moment... I applied for adult as well. Did you find the questions tricky? Try not to worry...hard I know x

ohhh well good luck for that... its so stressful preparin and goin over questions..well not that they were tricky i answered them like but i had really only prepared for a couple of them the others i had to make up as i went along lol
i have an interview for magee on friday so hopefully that goes better but i really want to go to queens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending