The Student Room Group

Access to Midwifery at Queens University

Hi just wanting to know if anyone has done an Access to Midwifery course to gain a place at Queens University Belfast? I’m really worried I’ve possibly signed upto a course that may not fully meet the requirement now! 🤦*♀️
I did access and even though I had the grades I didn’t get in, according to my friend who is from Northern Ireland it’s very hard to get into Queen’s
Reply 2
Yes I believe it is. Did you have all the other grades needed? Was it the access to midwifery course you did too? Thank you for your reply 😊
Reply 3
Original post by Rugbygirl97
I did access and even though I had the grades I didn’t get in, according to my friend who is from Northern Ireland it’s very hard to get into Queen’s

Yes I believe it is. Did you do the Access to Midwifery then and it was rejected? Did you have the other grade requirements? Thank for replying 😊
Yes I had access to midwifery, had all other grades and an interview but they never told me my interview date and then luckily he rang before hand so I got dressed in formal clothes as it was online and then a few weeks after the interview I got rejected
Reply 5
Yes I had access to midwifery, had all other grades and an interview but they never told me my interview date and then luckily he rang before hand so I got dressed in formal clothes as it was online and then a few weeks after the interview I got rejected

Oh no, that’s not a great way to start reference your interview! I’m sorry you didn’t get accepted, did they give feedback on why? Who did you do your access course with and what are you doing now?
I did it with a college and I’m at uni doing children’s nursing with a foundation year because I was unsure of results because of COVID so if your struggling, try to find a uni that does midwifery with foundation year as all you need is maths and English and you usually get accepted on them, I will be going into first year in September as I have completed foundation year
Reply 7
I did it with a college and I’m at uni doing children’s nursing with a foundation year because I was unsure of results because of COVID so if your struggling, try to find a uni that does midwifery with foundation year as all you need is maths and English and you usually get accepted on them, I will be going into first year in September as I have completed foundation year

Wow that’s great news! Well done. Nursing is another option that I’ve looked at actually, it’s just all so confusing when you’re applying using an access course 🤦*♀️ Are you doing your course in NI or are you studying away somewhere else? Sorry for all the questions, it is much appreciated that you’re replying 😊
I’m in England doing it and yeah they work it out in credits rather than grades which is annoying
Reply 9
Yeah it’s a little frustrating. Good luck on your course and thanks for all the info
Original post by wils2b
Yeah it’s a little frustrating. Good luck on your course and thanks for all the info

You’re welcome, good luck to you too
Hello is there anyone on here that could send me the questions from pervious years midwifery interviews? Thank you so much
Original post by Nicolemcg1994
Hello is there anyone on here that could send me the questions from pervious years midwifery interviews? Thank you so much

Nobody can actually send you anything from previous interviews year's because each year the universities changes the questions so that it stops things like this.

I gave you information about it on a previous thread you done so I would only suggest that you follow this and do your research on midwifing especially the NMC code of practice and the 6 C's of nursing.
Reply 13
Original post by wils2b
Hi just wanting to know if anyone has done an Access to Midwifery course to gain a place at Queens University Belfast? I’m really worried I’ve possibly signed upto a course that may not fully meet the requirement now! 🤦*♀️

Sorry to bother you

I'm about to sign up to an access course in midwifery to get into Queens, can I ask how you got on and did they accept it??

Thanks so much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending