The Student Room Group

Course acceptance criteria

Hi. I got BBC in my alevels but didn’t get into nursing last year. I did another degree which I hated and have reapplied to nursing this year. I got into queens nursing providing I pass my first year of my degree that I hate and have put no effort into. they are saying they need my first year results of my degree but I think I might have failed. Will I not get into nursing even tho I meet the a level criteria?
Original post by Jenniemcm
Hi. I got BBC in my alevels but didn’t get into nursing last year. I did another degree which I hated and have reapplied to nursing this year. I got into queens nursing providing I pass my first year of my degree that I hate and have put no effort into. they are saying they need my first year results of my degree but I think I might have failed. Will I not get into nursing even tho I meet the a level criteria?

If they've said that a condition of your place on the nursing course is "providing I pass my first year of my degree" and you don't pass the first year of your degree, then you won't have met the conditions of the offer.

That doesn't necessarily mean an automatic rejection, although it may do. It will depend on how many other offer-holders they have who have met all their offer conditions, and whether they still have space left on the course after confirming the place of those candidates.

How close to a pass do you think you might be? Assuming a pass is the standard 40%, you might have a better chance of being accepted if you just miss that (say, 38%) than if you clearly failed (say, 25%).
Original post by Jenniemcm

Hello @Jenniemcm

I hope you’re well. It sounds like you may have got a conditional offer to study nursing at Queen’s - as you said based on your first year results.

So it may be the case that, if you have failed first year, they may not be able to confirm your place. It’s best to wait & see and contact them once as soon as you receive your 1st year results and also make them aware of your a level results.

Best of luck
Jade :smile:
Cov Uni Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending