The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 380
haha yeah least wont be total strangers! was werid enough walking in to that room were you give your results. where does it say you have to go first on the 14th ?
haha already im scared of getting the wrong thing! cant wait to go on placements. We are in all different departments the first year i think..
its strange we have to get measured for the uniform..
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
first day, we have to go to the peter froggatt centre, room 6 on the ground floor... don't how well you know the uni, but its beside the theological college i think.
i no!! i think we have like a uniform coat, incase we are on placement in a place where 'suitable changing facilities are unavailable', and then we are required to wear to coat... its all to do with limiting bacteria and infections being brought into wards.
Reply 382
yeah says ive to go there too, are we in that room all day then? i wonder how these groups are broken up.
hahaa it all sounds so grown up! cant wait to show of imma student nurse with my uniform.
are you going into halls?
nope... living with friends in the holylands :smile::smile: can't wait!! yeah i fink we are more or less together for the first year, and that us when we are broken off. we will find out on the monday! what time are you going on the tuesday to get fitted? don't suppose you fancy having someone to walk in with?
Reply 384
The peter froggart centre is in the quad of the main queens building...if you go in through the main big doors and go into the courtyard it's the glassy building on the left:smile:

Not long to start now:biggrin:....dad bought me a qub hoodie home the other day so i wanna get to wear it lol

Did you guys get like a timetable in your envelope? Mine said it was enclosed but it actually wasn't
Reply 385
xPrettyBabyx
Just off the phone.. They said that nothing more will change so i will probably hear next week. Grrrrr!!
They said flipping thrusday! I hate ringing them!
x

Do we have to keep ringing them to see if ther are any more places available or will they ring us? I really want into this course! :frown:
Louise18
Hello
im doing childrens nursing at Queens, anyone else?? I havent heard of many people doing it.
Does anyone know where to go on Tuesday 8th for the uniform stuff, didnt say on the letter

I am supposed to be doing childs nursing! 2nd choice adult.
I applied for it n got an offer but im now still waiting cus i got BCD grades.
What grades did u get louise?
I am so jealous youse are getting to try on ur uniform n all. I want to do nursing more than anything and i just want them to ring lol *crosses fingers* good luck all youse out there in the same boat! And congrats to those who have got in!!
x
Jason1990
The peter froggart centre is in the quad of the main queens building...if you go in through the main big doors and go into the courtyard it's the glassy building on the left:smile:

Not long to start now:biggrin:....dad bought me a qub hoodie home the other day so i wanna get to wear it lol

Did you guys get like a timetable in your envelope? Mine said it was enclosed but it actually wasn't

Jason it says - pre-semester week

monday 14/09/09
Start Time: 10am, Venue: PFC/G06
Welcome and Introduction...

If you get that far then you can either get a copy of a timetable, or take a note of someone else's... tell you what if i get my scanner working between now and then i will e-mail you a copy of mine... they should be the same - i assume?

anybody know why we have to do a numeracy test? :rolleyes:
Reply 388
aw thats great thanks...i will email the registry office even and they should send it to me.

Numeracy test is probably to see who needs extra help or where to start off when it comes to doing drug calculations i'd assume...been told they aren't too hard fingers crossed lol
where'd he get the qub hoodie? :L:L
Reply 390
the visitors centre at queens:smile:

its just through the main doors of the big red building and on the left hand side as far as i know
ah i fink i remember its like got a wwod balcony up stairs... my mum got her Phd in Edu, and we had a wee nosey round after her graduation... but that was like 5 years ago! so weird that i am going to uni!
have you done anything about your bursary yet?
Reply 392
so weird going into nursing lol

nah haven't done anything to do with it yet they'll sort us out when we get onto the course i'm sure

moved up to belfast yet...you're heading to the holylands if i remember right?
Reply 393
louise_1229
nope... living with friends in the holylands :smile::smile: can't wait!! yeah i fink we are more or less together for the first year, and that us when we are broken off. we will find out on the monday! what time are you going on the tuesday to get fitted? don't suppose you fancy having someone to walk in with?

Ohh that sounds fun! im just staying at home not far away and i can drive soo saves money.
Yeahh so many things to find out everything is soo new, getting all exicting now!
Im not sure about Tuesday probably not too early so get to meet some people, soo maybe a wee bit after they tell us to be there. haha yeah we could walk in together least we both wont get lost then :smile:
Reply 394
Jason1990

oooh glad we get to be near the big fancy building i thought we were always going to hidden behind in MBC.
ooo hoodies what colour are they, i love my schools one try to wear it with everything!
got my timetable in it as well.. probably forgot to puts yours in just
Reply 395
danielle182
I am supposed to be doing childs nursing! 2nd choice adult.
I applied for it n got an offer but im now still waiting cus i got BCD grades.
What grades did u get louise?
I am so jealous youse are getting to try on ur uniform n all. I want to do nursing more than anything and i just want them to ring lol *crosses fingers* good luck all youse out there in the same boat! And congrats to those who have got in!!
x

I got ABC was pretty lucky with my results. hope you get in too, its terrible how Queens make you wait soo much! maybe youll be with us trying them on too :smile:
Louise18
Ohh that sounds fun! im just staying at home not far away and i can drive soo saves money.
Yeahh so many things to find out everything is soo new, getting all exicting now!
Im not sure about Tuesday probably not too early so get to meet some people, soo maybe a wee bit after they tell us to be there. haha yeah we could walk in together least we both wont get lost then :smile:

i drive and have a car as well.... couldn't survive without it. But it would be so hard to travel, like quite close to M1 in coalisland... but so busy in the morning! :yep: but i am looking foward to living with friends, for the experience as much as anything!!

deffo... will send you my mobile number in a pm

x
Reply 397
Could someone who got the timetable for the first week mind posting it as my letter didn't have one either! So annoying and want to see if there is space to get some hours at my pt job!!! Thanks! :smile:
Peggy J
Could someone who got the timetable for the first week mind posting it as my letter didn't have one either! So annoying and want to see if there is space to get some hours at my pt job!!! Thanks! :smile:

we are there everyday, no later than 5...
friday it says we end at 2

its not desperately clear
Reply 399
i emailed them to see if they'd give me one over the comp so if it comes peggy j i'll let you know and you can give me your email addy to forward it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending