The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

pip i was 28 on sunday so you're definately not the oldest. i have two friends starting in feb, one is 30 and the other is 40, so there are loads of mature students there. we will make the better nurses anyway! te he, just kidding all you young ones! seriously though you will be fine, are you doing adult branch?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Yeah adult all the way! Im actually glad im doin it now at my time in life( i make myself sound soo ancient:p: ) because at school i was hopeless, had no interest in learning what so ever too interested in boys!!! Bt im married now, 2 children and ready to learn before its too late! What branch re you doing I take it its mon u start im sure ur really excited i am for u all wish it was me but ive notice to give at work, get my children sorted with grannies and aunties and daddy! to do the school runs and dinner but ive been doin it for yrs so my husband agrees its now my time for ME!
i am taking my little cousin catherine (3) and my sister sinéad (11) to build-a-bear in victoria square tomorrow :smile: aren't i cool :L:L
its cos they are the only two to start a new school, and catherine is one of my god children... so its a wee day out for them... and a distraction for me!

i cannot wait.... 58 hours to go!!! :mmm:
Loving the hourly countdown - there's no going back!
49 hours to go- :dancing: :dancing:
yea pip i am adult branch, and when i was at school i was easily distracted too! suffered from anxiety and depression too though which didn't help, i'm good now. would love kids, but will have to wait until i'm qualified. what age are your kids?
oh forgot to say, only 46 hours to go! whoop whoo!
:party:
40 hours!!!!!
:dancing:

oh gosh!! ... i am moving down for about 3 o'clock tomorrow ... and then i am there!!! like actually starting
Reply 587
haha an hourly count down.. no other students starting are this exicited

you having a leaving party louise??
Reply 588
so hard to tell people are excited lol:rolleyes:

How was build a bear louise? I wanna build a bear for myself someday......as sad as that sounds. I was in victoria square today....working away:frown:

Kinda glad i am working tommoro going to be giddy.....followed by nervousness on monday morning....no going back now lol:biggrin:
Quick update on the countdown - 26 hours! Feel a bit sick but more excited and surreal. Have spent yesterday and today building flatpack furniture from ikea and sorting out my study area! :woo: :eek3:
Reply 590
well 23 hours now.....unless i'm having a slow moment and am wrong lol

glad to be working today.....tho last day of holidays for a long time:o:
build-a-bear was class... expensive as hell, but lethal craic... the girls LOVED it!!

21 hours... and 5 minutes!!

oOoOoOoh!!

moving down at 2pm... nah no party... sure i am what an hour up the road :lol:
Hope the move goes well Louise_1229 - are you in halls/renting? Will you have access to the Internet?
My boys are 3 and 13!!! I know 13! i had to leave school when I was 17 to have my baby but i still did my exams and had a home tudor, i actually learnt more at home!! Im sure your all busting with excitement just think in less than 18hrs u all will be officially "student nurses":yep:
Reply 594
Aww pip the ages of your kids work out well.......a big enough difference to have a babysitter to hand:smile:

I heard it was expensive Louise...i just wanna go in for the craic of building a teddy bear....i had to be dragged away from the big one in Hamleys in London because the qeue was too big:frown:

Well guys hopefully meet some of you tommoro.....nervous as hellllll:biggrin:
11 hours and 40 mins!
Did everyone love it ? I did haha... Whats everyone wearing tomoro? Im thinkin a hoody and canterburys haha.. Comfy clothes =) x
PS. Does anyone know what building it is we have to go to in Lennoxvale for our Occupational Health? Is that our Hep B injection?
Loved it but am shattered now! Think OH is 1st Floor, 5 Lennoxvale as I went in July.
Yea it was great, but I am sooo tired! Going to bed at 9.30 coz I really need the sleep for tomorrow!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending