The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Pretty Girls10
When do u get ur results lilchatterbox2010? ours is 18th of june...dreading it!! Yea my oldest starts P.1 in sept an finishes at 2 everyday an my youngest, I dont know wats wud happen with her getting minded, I got an application form for the creche down at queens but there id a waiting list for it...x

thats the worst part we still haven't been told when our results come out! Im at BMC castlereagh and all the other colleges seem to be getting theirs around 15-18th june, the waiting is killing me and there are rumours that our results won't be available til the end of june....so hope i've scraped a pass! lol, yeah the waiting list is pretty bad for the queens creche plus It would be a pain in the bum for me to have to go drop my little one off there even when Im on placement nowhere near the uni! We have managed to find a day nursery that is reasonable enough luckily, do u need 60% or 65% from your course? xx
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hey, thts awful u dont know when ur results are out they are very unorganised, bit like our course lol...I was thinking of mayb using the creche when at the uni and then my mother-in-law hopefully when on placement. I know hopefully we get the results we want, I need 65% how about u? do u think u've done well? Its nervewrecking!!x
Well Access09, we have to wait til aug then 2 verify results, I thought we cud go up as soon as we get them...ah well more waiting!!
Reply 1383
i dont know we will just have to phone nearer time and ask depends who you get when you contact them i suppose it makes more sense to do it once you have them in my opinion but sure who am I to tell them how they shud organise things lol
Reply 1384
Pretty Girls10
Hey, thts awful u dont know when ur results are out they are very unorganised, bit like our course lol...I was thinking of mayb using the creche when at the uni and then my mother-in-law hopefully when on placement. I know hopefully we get the results we want, I need 65% how about u? do u think u've done well? Its nervewrecking!!x

Pretty Girls 10, I would think carefully about your childcare - don't forget it will be hard enough on your little one to get them settled into creche without taking them out for 6 weeks here and there, then putting them back in. You might be better off getting care near your home. Also, childminders (as opposed to day nurseries or creches) can be more flexible, especially regarding early or late starts and finishes. Hope you don't mind the advice. Good luck.
Hi Kat33, no I dont mind at all any advice is appreciated!! I know wat u mean, I cudn bear the girls being threw from pillar to post I wud rather stay at hme with them, i'm thinking I can hopefully do wat I done during the access course and hav my mum and mum in law mind the girls between them, if tht doesnt wrk i will look in2 a childminder, I wanna wait on my results b4 I start making decisions, mite not be goin anywhere lol....are u starting in sept? Thanks:smile:
hi does anyone know what the summer and winter holidays are like. I have been told from a very recent graduate that we will get the whole summer off! I emailed to confirm and this was the reply:

Sabrina

This is not totally correct as during the summer there is holidays but there are also exam weeks. Week beginning 25 July and 1 August 2011 are holidays, week 15, 22 and 29 August 2011 and week beginning 5 Sep 2010 are holidays. The weeks in between are for exams and re sits.

Hope this is clear

So it seems that we will have from the end of July to middle of September off, anyone else know abour Easter or Christmas, (I dont want to be seen as bothering them with emails all the time!)
Reply 1387
Access students.

Can anyone tell me the fee's for the full/part time access courses at BMC and SERC?.
Reply 1388
Hi prettygirls10
I would love to be starting in september! but i'm only on the reserve list (children's), which seems to be huge. I'm too scared to find out my interview score, i think i would rather not know. At least that way i can have a little bit of hope!
apiedi
Access students.

Can anyone tell me the fee's for the full/part time access courses at BMC and SERC?.

the fulltime access course is free at serc so I'm sure it wu be free at bmc aswell. If ur thinking about it go for it best decision I've ever made I really enjoyed it, hard work but worth every minute.
apiedi
Access students.

hi, I've just finished the 1 yr full-time access course at BMC Castlereagh which was free, the course is available part-time either day or night and is spread over 2yrs but there is a fee for the part-time course. You should def go for it, I really enjoyed it! xx
Pretty Girls10

hey, well we finally found out a results day, its looking like the 25th june though this isn't confirmed yet and could possibly be monday 28th instead, just seems so far away! Don't know why its taking so long! I need 60% overall from my course, I just have no idea how I've done at all! I mean I did pretty well with all the coursework but I thought the exams were tricky enough so who knows? fingers crossed I make the grade I need, I will be devastated if I lose my place in uni! Results day is getting close for you now...how do you think you've done? xxxxx
Kat33 I'm also on the reserve list for children's - Isn't it absolutely awful!!!!I know what u mean about not wanting u r interview mark...When she told me 20 I was gutted cos for some reason I thought I'd read somewhere that it was out of 40!!!!!Then when I read the comments here and seen it was out of 25 I thought "there I go again - always falling at the last hurdle".
Stuck in limbo is an awful place to be. R u waiting on results too??
Hi Kat33, I would say people on reserve hav a gud chance of a place, hopefully when results are out they dont keep people waiting to long to find out if they hav a place.
lilchatterbox2010 tht is a long enuf wait for ur results I think I wud go off my head, im sick waiting already lol I know its getting closer for our results, im nervous:frown: I've done well in my assignments an the only exam im worried about is the biology, half the stuff on the paper we had'nt even learned so it was hard going!! But, wat will be will be, if its for us it wont pass us, I keep tellin myself tht to keep myself sane lol xx
Reply 1394
Access courses

Hi thanks for everyone's reply to my post. Can I just ask though was it free from the point of view that there where no fee's what so ever. or did you guys have to apply for funding which made it free?
apiedi
Access courses

Hi thanks for everyone's reply to my post. Can I just ask though was it free from the point of view that there where no fee's what so ever. or did you guys have to apply for funding which made it free?

hi! the fulltime (daytime course) is totally free no fees whatsoever! all i had to pay for were some revision guides which i bought through the college for about 15 pounds in total.You can still apply to student support though for funding to help you financially throughout the year if you need to xxxx
Reply 1396
Ahh right thanks very much this is really a great help to me. Congrads to everyone btw who got into nursing, hopefully I'll be following in your footsteps in a year to come, also good luck to everyone waiting on their results.
Reply 1397
[QUOTE="pixiebo77"]Kat33 I'm also on the reserve list for children's - Isn't it absolutely awful!!!!I know what u mean about not wanting u r interview mark...When she told me 20 I was gutted cos for some reason I thought I'd read somewhere that it was out of 40!!!!!Then when I read the comments here and seen it was out of 25 I thought "there I go again - always falling at the last hurdle". Stuck in limbo is an awful place to be. R u waiting on results too??[/QUOTE

Hey pixiebo77
20's great - well done. As far as i know, 20 is the top mark for the reserves, cos 21 to 25 are the ones who got offers, so you stand a great chance. No, i'm not waiting on results - i've already got a first class degree in child and adolescent studies from a few years ago. i'm working full time with pre schoolers at the minute, as well as being a single mum to my 14 year old, so every day is very busy!!
Reply 1398
Hi everyone have a read at this, bascially its a student nurse and student doctor argueing over a post someone put on asking what equipment they'd need for nursing, needless to say both students broke out into a full scale arguement with each other over what the person would need. Quite amusing but at the same time its quite interesting to hear from both professions. post back sure telling everyone else what you thought.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=25116082&highlight=nursing#post25116082
Reply 1399
Hi see with regards to the reserve list what all do they take into account for example do they consider it on the course your doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending