The Student Room Group
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast

Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
great results cazalou.....well done :smile:

I havnt received letter on info day either bronte13.....what does it say?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Reply 1581
Thanks Tricia99....:wink:
cazalou
hey, I havent received that letter about info day.......I have occ health next week so gona verify my results that day......got my access results....83%...happy happy happy....:smile:

Congratulations your result is fantastic!! I'm sure you're so proud!...well done! :smile: xxx
Reply 1583
just says ur welcomed along to information day.. get to see what student nurses do and get to see what they practice on and that u can ask them ?'s..
Yeah I got my letter about the info day, I'm def going, think it will be interesting and informative. Really worried about going to belfast on my own, wee country gorl going to the big city and all, but need to get over it! lol
Reply 1585
Got the letter about the info day. Cant wait to get down there and have a wee nosey :smile: Gonna be strange going down on my own as i dont know anyone else doing nursing. Still excited though
Reply 1586
Hope i get my letter on info day.... If not il just tag along anyway...lol....im lucky as i only live a 20 min walk from Queens.....should be a really interesting day..:smile::smile:
Reply 1587
lilchatterbox2010
Congratulations your result is fantastic!! I'm sure you're so proud!...well done! :smile: xxx

Thank u....:smile: ...hopefully I get my letter today too...info day sounds good:yep:
Reply 1588
Hopefully il get my letter about info day today 2, sounds really good. What date is the info day?

At least we will all be in the same boat by the sounds of it, I dont know anyone doing nursing either
Reply 1589
Does anyone know what way bursary works...or do queens provide us with the information...like how we apply for it???
cazalou
Does anyone know what way bursary works...or do queens provide us with the information...like how we apply for it???

I phoned up the bursery people the other day, they said that when we register with Queens offically then Queens let them know, and then the Bursery people send out the forms. They said it is usually around the 1st Sept and the first payment is usually November, though it is backdated. I was really annoyed and said what about the uniform that we have to buy and books, The first payment includes extra to cover this, but as you know we will have to have these things before that. So Im starting to save now as I know I will have a couple of uniforms to buy, books to get and about 6 weeks woth of train fares before I even get any money from the bursery people.

You could phone them just to double check, they may tell you different.
Reply 1591
alig
Hopefully il get my letter about info day today 2, sounds really good. What date is the info day?

At least we will all be in the same boat by the sounds of it, I dont know anyone doing nursing either

hey :smile: I got the letter about the info day yesterday and its on Friday the 6th of August it says we will get the chance to meet the tutors and people who are doing the course, they will act as our guides through the morning.

p.s il be on the same boat aswell I know no-one doing nursing at all lol x
Reply 1592
Sabsbabs1
I phoned up the bursery people the other day, they said that when we register with Queens offically then Queens let them know, and then the Bursery people send out the forms. They said it is usually around the 1st Sept and the first payment is usually November, though it is backdated. I was really annoyed and said what about the uniform that we have to buy and books, The first payment includes extra to cover this, but as you know we will have to have these things before that. So Im starting to save now as I know I will have a couple of uniforms to buy, books to get and about 6 weeks woth of train fares before I even get any money from the bursery people.

You could phone them just to double check, they may tell you different.

Thanks for that!! I will have to start saving as well...although I have got Feb intake..i have requested September...so wont know til all results are verified.....still no letter about info day for me....:confused:
Reply 1593
Still no letter about info day for me yet either cazalou....i rang bursery people last week and was also told the same thing....once we register Queens forward our info to them and they send the forms out. The 1st payment will be for around 6wks money and uniform & book allowance is included. We may all start to save as much as possible as we have to pay for uniform on day of fitting and will prob need books right away.... Scary stuff!!!.....
Reply 1594
still no letter about info day for me yet either, glad im not the only one!
Reply 1595
alig
still no letter about info day for me yet either, glad im not the only one!

Im glad theres others as well....everytime something gets posted on here i freak out in case they have forgot about me..lol...heres hoping they will come through the letterbox soon...:smile:
hi, just wondering if anyone knows the reading list for first year nurses? I was thinking if I knew what books was needed I could keep a wee eye out to see if i can get them cheaper on ebay or amazon, instead of buying new. Or maybe Queens has a book store where you can buy old text books from older students?
Reply 1597
nicki xo
Hi there, im new to this forum, I received a conditional offer a few weeks ago for Learning Disability Nursing starting in Sep, just wondering if anyones doing the same course and starting then too :biggrin: ?

Yes im starting learning disabiltiy in sept!! I was beginning to think i was the only one!!
Reply 1598
alig
Try not to worry. I think they will just want to make sure that it would not affect your ability to work (ie if your hands get wet etc), what field of nursing have you applied for? I could be wrong but do nurses have to wear gloves most of the time when treating patients? If so then I dont think it would be a prob for you. They may ask you if it is mild or severe, maybe does it get worse with stress, does it weep or cause you pain, what creams / treatment you have had for it? My friend gets excema (SP?) on her hands and I know that these are some things that she deals with not sure if psorias is the same. It may be helpful to you to be prepared for questions about it as they will want to check your level of fitness to practise, that is what im going to do but for different reasons! Good luck :smile:

I get it on my elbow and hands sometimes too. It's not bad though, I've only had one prescription for it so I'm hoping they'll let me in. Very worried too though. It would be horrible to get this far and then not get in.
Maddy01
I get it on my elbow and hands sometimes too. It's not bad though, I've only had one prescription for it so I'm hoping they'll let me in. Very worried too though. It would be horrible to get this far and then not get in.

ok guys if it's any consellation, was speaking to my friend (at the end of her 2nd yr) and there is a girl in her class with pretty bad eczema, I know it isn't the same condition but she got in without any problems after her medical assessment, apparently she has to for regular check ups with occupational health department but I'm sure people would rather do that and still get to do the course. Try not to worry I'm sure they only turn people away if they really have no other option! :smile: xx

Ps: What do ya think of the sig below guys? lol it ain't even sept yet but I just couldn't help myself!! lol :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending