Nursing at Queens...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1780
newguy30
UU medical next Tuesday!

The 10th?
Graduation garden party, Queen's University Belfast
Queen's University Belfast
Hi everyone, I have an offer for Mental Health.... have already given in results, have got Access clearance and have completed medical just waiting on letter which is awful!!! The waiting involved in this application process has been a nightmare... any one heard anything about bursary yet???

Look forward to seeing some of you at the open day next Fri x
Reply 1782
Hi...I don't think we hear about bursary until after we receive our unconditional letter......and you are right...this whole process has been dragging on for what seems like forever. I can't wait to get started. Let us know how you get on at your open day..childrens and adult dont have an open day...(someone had e mailed to find out)....but will be interested to hear what info you get....:wink:
Reply 1783
Natalie0778
Hiya.
Starting Children's Nursing at Queens in September and just wanted to meet a few people before i go!
Coming over from Suffolk and dead scared about the move!! :eek3:

Hi Natalie.....Well done for getting into Childrens. I am sure it is very daunting having to come over to start Uni here....but you will be fine!! I for one am beginning to get nervous about starting the course...but at the same time can't wait!! I have got Feb intake for adults but am hoping to get changed to September....so hopefully see you then.....:smile:
Reply 1784
Paul my medical for UU Coleraine is this Tuesday 3rd August!
Reply 1785
Is the open day next Friday for all mental health people with and without an offer at the moment??
This site has been brill for keeping everyone up to date about what is going on... as far as i know the open day is not for all branches, (I have no idea why). I have a conditional offer for Mental Health but I believe the day was for those with reserve offers as well and also one of the other branches, if you read back on this site there are loads of posts from those who did and did not get an invite. Any doubts phone or e mail registry I think they are well used to all our questions by now.
Reply 1787
See you all next week for the info morning, got a conditional offer for Learning Disability myself (:
Reply 1788
newguy30
Is the open day next Friday for all mental health people with and without an offer at the moment??

Its for Mental Health and Learning Dis Conditionals and reserves. Im on reserve for Mental Health and I got the letter, so will be giong on Friday.
Fizztastic
Hi everyone, I have an offer for Mental Health.... have already given in results, have got Access clearance and have completed medical just waiting on letter which is awful!!! The waiting involved in this application process has been a nightmare... any one heard anything about bursary yet???

Look forward to seeing some of you at the open day next Fri x

Hi! was speaking to my best friend who is going into her 3rd yr of adult nursing about bursaries and she said they filled out all the paperwork during the first week in september so I guess it will all be sorted shortly after we start the course, then we get our first payment around beginning - mid october.
It's all getting close now! So excited! lol xx :smile:
Reply 1790
Hey Fizztastic, I have a conditional offer for mental health too and have varified my results. Cant wait til Friday to meet everyone, before we know it sept will be here. :woo:
Reply 1791
Hi
I have a conditional offer for adult nursing, subject to a access ni check and health check, anybody else still waiting for access ni check, btw, well done to everyone for getting a place and good luck to the reserve list:smile:
Can anyone going on Friday confirm what the times were, I am away at the minute and need to get organised!!!
Reply 1793
Hi Fizztastic, the letter just says come along at 10.00 am to the School of Nursing and Midwifery Reception area in the MBC (:
Thank you x
Reply 1795
Is that the same place that we had our interviews?
Reply 1796
Naw its not the same place, its The Medical Building beside the City Hospital opposite University Avenue :smile:
Reply 1797
hi guys......... those of you that have went for their medical already, what does it entail? I have mine on thursday and I have all my grades etc already so its the last thing i need to pass, and for some reason im really nervous! do they tell you there and then if you have passed?
Reply 1798
UU medical the nurse checked urine sample and blood pressure and just asked if had any skin problems never checked hands anything like that.
As i wear contacts/glasses i had to do 3 sight tests which was fine!
She gave me a piece of paper saying i was fit to proceed which i need to bring with me on the first day.
Reply 1799
For Queens and UU (medicals)

Don't the universities do blood tests as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending