The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Kingston University Cyber Security

How is the cyber security degree in university of Kingston, I have applied to multiple universities such as Kingston, Anglia Ruskin and Hertfordshire. I don't know which one to pick. Which one is the best choice out these three?
Hello,

It all depends on which one is more suited to your requirements, I'd take a look at the surrounding areas, student reviews online and if the facilities and if the course looks good - go with that university!

Amit - Kingston Uni Rep
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Hi! I've just finished my second year in Computer Science at ARU. Cybersecurity is not the exact same course as mine, but you mentioned Anglia Ruskin and the course is from my same school and faculty, so hopefully my experience can help.I'm not quite sure about other universities but I personally think that Anglia Ruskin provides the students with all the tools and facilities they need. Firstly first, you will be based in Cambridge, which is a wonderful city not just for social life and social area but it's also the headquarter of many IT companies where you can potentially work for. There are both big firms such as ARM, Amazon and Apple but also Small Medium Enterprises (SME) such as Redgate and Blackdot Solutions. Since ARU allows us to apply for the placement year, working in the same place where you study is an advantage as you don't have to worry about relocation, and if you have any issues, you can always go on Campus. In my case, I'm going on Placement next year as a Software Test Engineer in a company based in Cambridge.Secondly, ARU and the academics are very keen about the student experience. Indeed, teachers are always available to support you throughout your studies. Thus, if you struggling with a module or with whichever uni aspect, there is always either a team or a figure that supports and helps you to sort the problem.Another thing that I love about ARU is the possibility to take many initiatives and to gain work / volunteering experiences alongside your studies. Indeed, you can build your own society, organise events and get involved in the student union's activities but also work with the university. These activities allows you to grow up as an individual, rather than just as a student and they give you the chance to enhance your CV. Also, ARU has its own Employability Bureau that both helps you to find a part-time job, internship or placement but also to build your CV, to prepare an interview and your cover letters. On the whole, if you are an enthusiastic person that wants to do more than just studying, Anglia Ruskin is one of the best choices!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending