The Student Room Group

Greggs transfer

Hi, I’m fairly new at greggs and I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone can share their experiences. Initially when I applied for this job I didn’t know where it was however, when I got the job I decided to just accept it. I’m still in my stages of training and learning new things however I find it very hard to make the journey everytime I’m working. I’m only 16 and picked this job up as a part time job to earn some extra money and build my confidence. I love the staff they’re amazing and so very welcoming but I really want to transfer because of the journey I make. Has anyone ever transferred, how was it? How did you approach the situation? I’m thinking of finishing my training and then when I start college asking for a transfer but the store I’m at is very understaffed at the moment so I’m worried they won’t let me. Someone please help!!
Basically speak with the branch Manager in your local one to see if there's vacancy. If there's vacancy then tell your manager some bs like travel is too long it gives me headaches. They'll long it out cuz they're understaffed but you'll be gone within 2 months latest depending on your area manager.
Reply 2
Original post by Mariyaa123
Hi, I’m fairly new at greggs and I have a few questions and was wondering if anyone can share their experiences. Initially when I applied for this job I didn’t know where it was however, when I got the job I decided to just accept it. I’m still in my stages of training and learning new things however I find it very hard to make the journey everytime I’m working. I’m only 16 and picked this job up as a part time job to earn some extra money and build my confidence. I love the staff they’re amazing and so very welcoming but I really want to transfer because of the journey I make. Has anyone ever transferred, how was it? How did you approach the situation? I’m thinking of finishing my training and then when I start college asking for a transfer but the store I’m at is very understaffed at the moment so I’m worried they won’t let me. Someone please help!!

Hey I know it’s been a couple years so don’t know if you’ll reply but how did it work out for you? I am a recent graduate, I just got a job at greggs in the city I was studying in and even though everyone has been amazing, I just feel incredibly depressed cause I’m so far away from my family and friends. The job at greggs is the only reason I’m still here and a position opened in my home town I’d love to transfer to. Only worry is I’m still in my probationary period and I don’t want to appear flaky, did your transfer work out? How long was the process?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending