The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

construction in Kensington Terrace and Park Terrace???

Hi, I read somewhere that there is construction going on in Kensington Terrace and Park Terrace? Is it true? If it is, how bad of an idea will it be to go for them?
Also, if you guys have any suggestion for UG accommodation please let me know (I'm really struggling here).
I think Park View will be my first choice, and The View will be my second (although it is pricey, IDK if it'll be worth it).
Any suggestions for my third choice?
Thanks!
Reply 1
Hey, I’m pretty sure it is true that there is construction work going on there (it’s on Newcastle’s website too) although I’m not sure how bad it will be. I’m hoping to put Kensington Terrace as one of my options despite this as I can always go to the library to study if I’m ever disturbed.
I think Park View will be my first choice too, then Kensington Terrace and then The View. I preferred Kensington Terrace over Park Terrace as it has more of a homely vibe. Personally, I wouldn’t mind paying extra for The View as at least I’ll be comfortable for my first year and then next year hopefully I can find something cheaper. Hope this helps! Xx
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by sfc12
Hey, I’m pretty sure it is true that there is construction work going on there (it’s on Newcastle’s website too) although I’m not sure how bad it will be. I’m hoping to put Kensington Terrace as one of my options despite this as I can always go to the library to study if I’m ever disturbed.
I think Park View will be my first choice too, then Kensington Terrace and then The View. I preferred Kensington Terrace over Park Terrace as it has more of a homely vibe. Personally, I wouldn’t mind paying extra for The View as at least I’ll be comfortable for my first year and then next year hopefully I can find something cheaper. Hope this helps! Xx

Hey, I did some research and I'm also going for Park View, and Kensington Terrace. I am a bit unsure about The View now. I feel like it may not be worth the money.
Also, may I know which course you're going for?
I will be attending the Business School so I need something that's not a world away from there.
Reply 3
I think I’m still sticking with The View but I’m a little undecided about my other two choices. That’s understandable though, Park View and Kensington Terrace are both good quality accom and at a cheaper cost than The View.
I have applied for Pharmacy - I’m not sure about the Business School but from my own research, most of the accommodation is a similar distance from the Pharmacy building and also the main university building.
Reply 4
Hi. Which did you get as we are looking for reviews/vids on park terrace and Kensington. Cant see many recent pics or vids for either other than the uni page photos
We have seen park view and Maris house in person. Just need To decide a third option

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending