The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

which is better? Uni of READING OR NEWCASTLE? ( psychology specifcally)

i tried to go on the website for reading but the content we take in psychology course are not really organized or clear. Can anyone please tell me what topics u take each semester and what the extra optional courses are? How interesting are they ? Also how many credits do we complete after each semester? which university has more credit and more interesting modules? and same questions for Newcastle university.

In addition which lifestyle did you prefer and what is it like to live there?
Original post by LUJAINGAD
i tried to go on the website for reading but the content we take in psychology course are not really organized or clear. Can anyone please tell me what topics u take each semester and what the extra optional courses are? How interesting are they ? Also how many credits do we complete after each semester? which university has more credit and more interesting modules? and same questions for Newcastle university.

Hi @LUJAINGAD,

Please click on the course link for our Psychology BSc Honours programme to find information on course content and module choices. For further information you are welcome to contact the School of Psychology directly via: [email protected]

You may be interested in using our Unibuddy service to chat online with current students and ask them about their experience of living in Newcastle 🙂

Hana
(edited 3 weeks ago)
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by LUJAINGAD

Hi @LUJAINGAD,
Sorry to hear you haven't found our prospectus page very accessible - it's designed to give you more of an overview of the course and what to expect rather than in-detail information about modules, which you can find here - all the courses with the letters PL1 or PY1 will be modules you can take in your first year, so have a look through and see what you think. Each year is worth 120 credits, but the types of modules you take can depend on the type of psychology course you choose. You can find out all about those here.

Optional courses will include subject areas such as neuroscience, business, languages, and a few others, but the courses on offer vary each year so unfortunately I can't tell you any specifics right now - you may want to chat with Alice to find out more about what it's like to study psychology here! I have a few friends who study Psychology and they love the variety of modules on offer - from everything to social psychology to the psychology of health, food, and sports, and they all speak of a really supportive department and lots of placement/ work experience opportunities.

In terms of lifestyle and living in Reading, I have really enjoyed it. It's the perfect balance of city business and relaxing green space, and the study body is really vibrant and diverse, so there's always something going on and plenty of societies to join, as well as many great accommodation options. You can learn all about Study and Life at Reading here.

I hope this helps! Any other questions please let us know and we'll do our best to answer them :smile:

Kat :smile:
MA Diplomacy Student

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending