The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Accomodation help! Park terrace, Park view and Kensington terrace!

Hiya,

I'm applying for my accomodation currently and am looking at Park terrace, Park view and Kensington terrace. Was wondering if anyone had any experiences of these 3 accomodations and let me know what they are like?

Thank you
Reply 1
I've actually applied for Kensington and Park Terrace as well. I've been to Newc for open days at least three times now and out of the accommodation I saw both of those were definitely the best.
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Hello,

You can look at all of our university owned accommodation through our website where we have virtual tours. Or alternatively, you can view them through these links here:
https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/university/park-terrace/

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/university/park-view/

https://www.ncl.ac.uk/accommodation/university/kensington-terrace/

It is important to know that everyone's experience is different. Personally, I lived in Windsor Terrace in my first year and had a great time. It was in a great location for me, it was fun but not too loud and sharing a bathroom was not as bad as I had first imagined. Plus, I needed the extra money that I saved by sharing.

I had friends that lived in Park View and Kensington Terrace. Both had really great flats but in my year Kensington Terrace was only open to postgraduate students. Park view is a great option for those wanting a very social, en-suite accommodation. From my memory Kensington was a little more relaxed but that may be due to it being exclusively postgraduate.

Hope this Help!
Olly
Reply 3
Hi. Anyone found any recent vids on Kensington terrace or park terrace?
We’ve seen park view and Maria house in person. Just need to choose a Third. Don’t want anywhere mega mega party
Reply 4
Original post by Blondie2305
Hi. Anyone found any recent vids on Kensington terrace or park terrace?
We’ve seen park view and Maria house in person. Just need to choose a Third. Don’t want anywhere mega mega party

Haven't been able to find any recent videos for those. But I've heard both park terrace and Kensington terrace aren't as party-like than other accommodation (especially compared to park view and castle leazes).

I visited park terrace for the open day and it was nice. The ensuit rooms and kitchen were a bit bigger than park views.

Kensington terrace was very similar to park terrace. Just had fewer rooms and was more like large houses than flat blocks from the outside. From what I've heard, they attract more gap year students. Neither of them has a common area like park views had though.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Haven't been able to find any recent videos for those. But I've heard both park terrace and Kensington terrace aren't as party-like than other accommodation (especially compared to park view and castle leazes).

I visited park terrace for the open day and it was nice. The ensuit rooms and kitchen were a bit bigger than park views.

Kensington terrace was very similar to park terrace. Just had fewer rooms and was more like large houses than flat blocks from the outside. From what I've heard, they attract more gap year students. Neither of them has a common area like park views had though.

Thank you. Sounds like the two of them could be a contender then. It’s just a struggle picking favourite or top 3 😁 def needs do have a 3/4 bed or bigger which these all have. Park terrace and Kensington Werent open to visit when we went
Reply 6
Original post by AlexP17
I've actually applied for Kensington and Park Terrace as well. I've been to Newc for open days at least three times now and out of the accommodation I saw both of those were definitely the best.

Hi I don’t suppose you got any pics when you were there. We only got to see park view and Marris but like the sound of Kensington terrace and park terrace but can’t find any ‘real life’ pics and vids. Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending