The Student Room Group

E to an A*

I got my Further Maths, Maths and Computer Science as level grades back and I got an E (except in maths I got an A). This is really embarrassing and bad because I know I could do better. In September I want to ask for another test, and i need to do good because I need good predicted grades for university. But how shall i study over summer, I dont even know where to start. Is it possible to go from an E to an A*? And if anyone has improved their grades by alot what advice do you have
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
I got my Further Maths, Maths and Computer Science as level grades back and I got an E (except in maths I got an A). This is really embarrassing and bad because I know I could do better. In September I want to ask for another test, and i need to do good because I need good predicted grades for university. But how shall i study over summer, I dont even know where to start. Is it possible to go from an E to an A*? And if anyone has improved their grades by alot what advice do you have

Yes, the Youtuber Harvey Frederick covers this in a few of his videos, particularly focussing on the sciences, and he is an example of how you can improve this significantly within just a few months. His main points are to focus on mock exams, practising them frequently, and picking out your areas of error, so that you know what exactly to improve on.
Reply 2
Original post by nnth
Yes, the Youtuber Harvey Frederick covers this in a few of his videos, particularly focussing on the sciences, and he is an example of how you can improve this significantly within just a few months. His main points are to focus on mock exams, practising them frequently, and picking out your areas of error, so that you know what exactly to improve on.

thank you, i will check him out
Hey! Big improvements are possible! I know that because it has happened to me, and I'm sure that I was no exception. These are my tips based on what I did for my scary subjects:

-Firstly, ensure that you have a positive attitude towards the subjects you struggle with. I started off by trying to get to like mine as much as possible, and appreciating the fun sides of them. Eventually it worked, and I felt myself succeeding more and more, because I started to like the subjects, which made me want to succeed in them more
-Do lot's of practice papers and use the mark schemes to mark them yourself.
-Go through your textbook/ revision guide and note down all areas that you don't understand. Go online or ask a friend or teacher to explain those things to you. Then go and practice what you have learned
-Set targets for how many questions/ papers you want to do in each subject per week
-Use the specification to highlight areas which you struggle with
-Remember to rest as well. Set aside some time at the beginning and end of the holidays to do nothing, as you don't want to be exhausted before the start of the next year.

I wish you the best of luck! You've got this!
Hey guys, I need some advice as well I'm in a dilemma. I got my results for my EOY exams. I do chem, maths, physics and I got B, E, D respectively. I'm allowed to resit my physics exam but it's maths that won't allow me to. The head of department says, 'you don't get another chance at A level so we don't do resits'. But this year has been strange... Corona and all so... What do I do. I REALLY DON'T WANT TO REPEAT YEAR 12😩

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending