The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

BSC Nursing (past, current, future students)

Hey everyone,

I have been accepted into Stirling to study Adult Nursing which is fantastic but I am wondering if anyone might know the timetable so that I can understand if I can pop down to part-time work in my current job.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by glasgowgalxo
Hey everyone,

I have been accepted into Stirling to study Adult Nursing which is fantastic but I am wondering if anyone might know the timetable so that I can understand if I can pop down to part-time work in my current job.

Thanks!

Hi :smile:

No advice but following as I am also going to Stirling for Adult Nursing :smile: Also based in Glasgow :wink:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Original post by glasgowgalxo
Hey everyone,

Thanks!

Ex stirling university student nurse many years ago now x

Stirling university is a good university for nursing so hopefully you'll love it there.

You'll be approx 7 weeks at university and 7 weeks on placements over each year of your course.

Yes its all 12 hours shifts on hospital wards with nightshifts/dayshifts and weekends. You only doing 3 days from 7 each week on these ones.

But if you happen to be say doing community or outpatient departments clinics then its only between approx 8am - 6pm Monday to Fridays with day of in week plus weekend free to.

Its approx 37.5 hours a week you do on both university studying & placements.
University is generally Monday to Fridays ( depending on amount of hours per day you doing it can be 4.5 days in university but you normally in from say 9am till about 4.30/5pm as work on average 7.20 hours per day you in university. ).

This is generally the same for every university & placement throughout Scotland.

Depending on your job you doing currently you may not get much opportunity to work much in week unless they work till late in night say but generally weekends and maybe few hours in the week you can do part-time but don't let your studies suffer okay.
On placement you'll get hopefully more opportunities to work part-time especially if on wards placement.

You want get timetable till you start in September okay.

I'm a NHS Scotland dual adult nurse & midwife x
Reply 3
Hi there, that is all very helpful. I'm also adult nursing at Stirling I cannot understand how I build my timetable myself. Finding it very stressful.
Original post by Freak121
Hi :smile:

No advice but following as I am also going to Stirling for Adult Nursing :smile: Also based in Glasgow :wink:

I'm ex Stirling University for adult nursing years ago.
From the Highlands capital but currently living & working in the big Scottish capital city as nurse.

Quick Reply

Latest