The Student Room Group
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames

Do you have any question about studying Psychology at Kingston University?

Hello there :smile:

My name is Andrea and I have just finished my degree in Psychology at Kingston University.

I have really enjoyed my time there so I have decided to stay one more year with them and to do my Master in Clinical Applications for Psychology.

Is there anything you would like to know about Psychology, Kingston or maybe about studying Psychology at Kingston.

Please feel free to ask :smile:
By the way, is there anyone here that have been recently accepted to do Psychology at Kingston?
Andrea
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi Andrea,
Thank you for posting. I have a question about the MSc Psychology part-time course at Kingston - do you have any idea what days/times lectures are? I was due to start Roehampton but then discovered that the lectures were 6-9pm! I contacted Kingston uni but they have told me I have to wait for enrolment before finding out the timetable 🙄 Bit of a catch 22! Just wondered if you knew anyone who studied it last year and could give an idea of likely days/times etc? Frustrating that the uni assumes students can fit their life around uni lectures, when it’s the other way around in reality for a lot of mature students with other life commitments 😬 Thank you!
Kingston University
Kingston University
Kingston upon Thames
Original post by Kingston University

My name is Andrea and I have just finished my degree in Psychology at Kingston University.

I have really enjoyed my time there so I have decided to stay one more year with them and to do my Master in Clinical Applications for Psychology.

Is there anything you would like to know about Psychology, Kingston or maybe about studying Psychology at Kingston.

Please feel free to ask :smile:
By the way, is there anyone here that have been recently accepted to do Psychology at Kingston?
Andrea

Hi i am starting psychology at Kingston uni in September for the undergrad course. Is there any books that you recommend i read.
Thank you xx
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Andrea,
Thank you for posting. I have a question about the MSc Psychology part-time course at Kingston - do you have any idea what days/times lectures are? I was due to start Roehampton but then discovered that the lectures were 6-9pm! I contacted Kingston uni but they have told me I have to wait for enrolment before finding out the timetable 🙄 Bit of a catch 22! Just wondered if you knew anyone who studied it last year and could give an idea of likely days/times etc? Frustrating that the uni assumes students can fit their life around uni lectures, when it’s the other way around in reality for a lot of mature students with other life commitments 😬 Thank you!

I am sorry for my delay getting back to you. Congratulations on getting accepted in both Roehampton and Kingston. That sounds great! I have been asking some people about the timetable, however, I am afraid we will have to wait until September to know more about! I am sorry :frown: I completely understand your point.

Good luck with your MSc.
Andrea
Original post by Anonymous
Hi i am starting psychology at Kingston uni in September for the undergrad course. Is there any books that you recommend i read.
Thank you xx

Wuju! You are starting in less than a month! That is so exciting! I loved doing my degree at Kingston, so hopefully you will love it too.

With regards to books, it really depends in what are of psychology you find interesting. However, to start getting an idea of psychology I would recommend you:
- Psychology by Neil Martin
- Psychology A Graphic Guide by Nigel C. Benson

I got those two as a present from my boyfriend and they are great to get an idea of what you will be covering during the degree.

If you like neuropsychology I would recommend you "We are our brains from the womb to alzheimer's" by D Swaab. This is one of my favourite books.

If you are into forensic psychology I would recommend you "The psychopath whisperer" by Kent Kiehl

And I am currently reading "How the brain lost its mind" by allan ropper and B. D. Burrell

I hope you find them interesting and good luck with your degree
Best wishes
Andrea
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi there,I've been accepted onto the MSc Psychology Conversion at Kingston and UWL. I'm really stuck between the two, and wondered if you could answer a few questions that might help with my decision!
1) I wondered if you might know how big the class sizes are for the Masters courses?
2) How would you rate the psychology equipment that they have there - I heard that they have recently invested in the psychology department.
3) How did you find the lecturers? Were they engaging? Where they supportive?

Thanks so much - I may even see you around at Kingston :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending