The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

Ravensbourne Vs LCF

Hello Everyone!

I come from Taiwan.
I have got an offer from Ravensbourne - MA Luxury Brand Managementin this September, since the pandemic of Delta decide to defer one year:frown:

As a young school, Ravensbourne is toooo little information, it make me concern about how's the course are?

I review a lot of articles that says London College of Fashion(LCF) have too much Chinese students and professors need to mentor too many students:s-smilie: But LCF is a famous and high ranking school...
The course in Ravensbourne looks amazing! It was my dream school! As work as an experienced designer few years, I have wondering how's the link with the industry? Is it a EXACTLY good school?

Should I need to apply LCF-MA Strategic Fashion in this year?

Please give me your thought and thanks for reading my poor English:colondollar:
Um I do not know what you mean by "too many Chinese students" but I don't think there are that many compared to how many other international students there are. Lcf is more highly regarded than ravenbourne so I don't see the harm in atleast applying there.
London
Original post by Ellen_yu
Hello Everyone!

I come from Taiwan.
I have got an offer from Ravensbourne - MA Luxury Brand Managementin this September, since the pandemic of Delta decide to defer one year:frown:

As a young school, Ravensbourne is toooo little information, it make me concern about how's the course are?

I review a lot of articles that says London College of Fashion(LCF) have too much Chinese students and professors need to mentor too many students:s-smilie: But LCF is a famous and high ranking school...
The course in Ravensbourne looks amazing! It was my dream school! As work as an experienced designer few years, I have wondering how's the link with the industry? Is it a EXACTLY good school?

Should I need to apply LCF-MA Strategic Fashion in this year?

Please give me your thought and thanks for reading my poor English:colondollar:

Hi @Ellen_yu

I just wanted to clarify the difference between the MA Strategic Fashion Marketing and MSc Strategic Fashion Management.

MA Strategic Fashion Marketing is a one year course with the following entry requirements:
An Honours degree at 2.1 or above in a related discipline
OR Equivalent qualifications;

MSc Strategic Fashion Management is a 4 year course and is an Integrated Masters - so the first 3 years are at undergraduate level) and the final year is at postgraduate level. This course also offers the opportunity to take an additional year of study between years 2 and 3 to take the Diploma in Professional Studies (a year out in industry placement). You can't apply directly to the final year, so you would apply to this via the same route as other undergraduate courses and the entry requirements are as follows:
One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications.
A Level Passes at Grade C or above (preferred subjects include Business Studies, Maths, Economics, Science, Humanities and Modern Foreign Languages);
Distinction, Distinction, Merit at BTEC National Diploma;
IB Diploma 25 points equivalent to 120 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 300 old UCAS tariff points);
120 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 300 old UCAS tariff points) from a combination of the above qualifications or an equivalent full Level 3 qualification in a relevant subject;
or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications;
and at least SIX GCSE passes at Grade B or above, or grade 6 or above, including Maths, English and a Science.

It's important to look through the course pages carefully to fully understand the differences between the various courses offered at LCF and Ravensbourne. LCF has very strong industry links and is ranked as one of the top fashion schools in the world.

Best wishes,
Sian
UK Student Recruitment Team

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending