The Student Room Group

Histopathology ST1 Application for 2022

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys I have just accepted an offer a day ago from the recyclings, is there anything else i need to do or just wait?
Reply 81
Original post by Jauntywrecker
Hi guys I have just accepted an offer a day ago from the recyclings, is there anything else i need to do or just wait?

Congrats! Where are you off to?
Hang fire, the deaneries will send us details soon in may/June time most likely. Just make sure you get your referees to do your references?!
Hi guys,

Hope you’re all doing well!
Is anyone switching to histo from another specialty and applying for pay protection?
Original post by chiny94
Congrats! Where are you off to?
Hang fire, the deaneries will send us details soon in may/June time most likely. Just make sure you get your referees to do your references?!

Thank you! Congratulations on your offer as well. Heading to East of England😌
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone else get an email from Trac stating St Helens and Knowsley have added you to their employment system? I am a bit confused as I had accepted an offer in the East Midlands North deanery. Wondering if its a national recruitment process?? 😕

https://www.sthk.nhs.uk/lead-employer-service

They are the lead employer for a few deaneries including both West and East Midlands. Please see above link for details
Anyone else get an email from Trac stating St Helens and Knowsley have added you to their employment system? I am a bit confused as I had accepted an offer in the East Midlands North deanery. Wondering if its a national recruitment process?? 😕

https://www.sthk.nhs.uk/lead-employer-service

They are the lead employer for a few deaneries including both West and East Midlands. Please see above link for details
Original post by Pumpkaboo
Hi guys,

Hope you’re all doing well!
Is anyone switching to histo from another specialty and applying for pay protection?

I’m switching from psychiatry but not sure if this pay protection applies for me! , do you have more info about it ?
Original post by Ahmadjoe
I’m switching from psychiatry but not sure if this pay protection applies for me! , do you have more info about it ?

So according to our contract, if we’re moving to a hard to fill specialty we get to keep our base pay.

“Pay protection on changing training path
48. Where a doctor chooses to switch directly from one training programme (other than a Foundation programme) into an agreed hard-to-fill training programme (identified in Annex A as being one where a flexible pay premium applies for this purpose) and the doctor’s basic pay (as defined in paragraphs 1 to 3 above) in the new appointment is lower than that paid in the immediately previous appointment on the previous training programme, the doctor may be eligible for pay protection. To be eligible for protection, the doctor must take up the first appointment on the new training programme no later than 12 months after leaving the original training programme, and such period of time could as a reasonable adjustment be extended in the event that a doctor is disabled (for the purposes of the Equality Act 2010), and/or could be extended to account for sickness absence or parental leave.”

We need to get a positive outcome in ARCP, like and outcome 1, 2, (or 6 or 7).
Worth messaging lead employer if this applies to you!
So according to our contract, if we’re moving to a hard to fill specialty we get to keep our base pay.

48. Where a doctor chooses to switch directly from one training programme (other than a Foundation programme) into an agreed hard-to-fill training programme (identified in Annex A as being one where a flexible pay premium applies for this purpose) and the doctor’s basic pay (as defined in paragraphs 1 to 3 above) in the new appointment is lower than that paid in the immediately previous appointment on the previous training programme, the doctor may be eligible for pay protection. To be eligible for protection, the doctor must take up the first appointment on the new training programme no later than 12 months after leaving the original training programme, and such period of time could as a reasonable adjustment be extended in the event that a doctor is disabled (for the purposes of the Equality Act 2010), and/or could be extended to account for sickness absence or parental leave.”

Thanks for detailed reply, unfortunately i’m switching from a service non training job.
I think you mentioned before that you are starting in liverpool? Is that so ? As I’m starting there too 🤝
Thanks for detailed reply, unfortunately i’m switching from a service non training job.
I think you mentioned before that you are starting in liverpool? Is that so ? As I’m starting there too 🤝

I am! Will be lovely to meet you!
I got an email saying I’m starting in Arrowe Park
Reply 90
Anyone going to North West, Greater Manchester? I got my first job in Stockport :smile:

Hi there, did you get a response from your lead employer about this? I'm switching specialties but emailed HEE and they said Histopath doesn't count as a hard-to-fill specialty...

Worth

Original post by Anon0123455
Hi there, did you get a response from your lead employer about this? I'm switching specialties but emailed HEE and they said Histopath doesn't count as a hard-to-fill specialty...

Current ST1 here- this is true- but all is not lost- check out the “doctors and dentists pay circular” for 2022- kind of hard to find on NHS website. histo does come with an additional bump in salary (pay premium) of £4461(ish) PA so make sure you check your first pay slips :smile: I don’t think it’s unfair to say doctors pay isn’t always the most accurate!
Hello group,
Offers for ST1 Histopathology training 2022 are still recycling. Does anybody know if they have given offers to any ranks in the 140s yet?
Hey just wondering if anybody has received anything from St Helen's and Knowsley Lead Employer after their employment checks?
Hey just wondering if anybody has received anything from St Helen's and Knowsley Lead Employer after their employment checks?

Yes I’ve received a copy of my contract!
Yes I’ve received a copy of my contract!

Oh thanks! I better call and check what’s happening then!
Hey, I'll be starting as an ST1 in North, Central and East London in August. Does anybody have any contact details for anyone in the admin team? I received my offer late due to recycling and have yet to receive my contract or any other details!
Thanks
Has anyone recieved their National training number? I expected to have been emailed it by now
Hey there I’m applying this year (2022-2023) just wondering if you got called for an interview with your score?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending