The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Original post by GonTiming12
HSBC closed my account before I could activate it so i checked my cifas report to find I have a 3rd party fraud mark. What do I do? Will this affect all my bank accounts I try to apply for?

Yep. What did you get it for?
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Yep. What did you get it for?

Misuse of facility. Apparently money has come in and out of the account. As of now im banking with cashplus until the matter is resolved.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Misuse of facility. Apparently money has come in and out of the account. As of now im banking with cashplus until the matter is resolved.

Okay, and has it?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Okay, and has it?

not yet. Since its barclays its near impossible to get them to resolve it. So i need to take this up with CIFAS themselves,
Reply 5
not yet. Since its barclays its near impossible to get them to resolve it. So i need to take this up with CIFAS themselves,

I'll rephrase because you didn't answer.....

Okay, and has money been deposited and subsequently withdrawn?
Reply 6
Original post by IWMTom
I'll rephrase because you didn't answer.....

Okay, and has money been deposited and subsequently withdrawn?

According to the file, money has been inputted into my account and sent to another account in successive intervals.
Reply 7
According to the file, money has been inputted into my account and sent to another account in successive intervals.

Okay, and has it?
HSBC closed my account before I could activate it so i checked my cifas report to find I have a 3rd party fraud mark. What do I do? Will this affect all my bank accounts I try to apply for?

Yes, it will affect pretty much every financial application that you make in the UK. Very very few banks in the UK are not part of CIFAS.
Reply 9
Was it just one transfer (as in money went in then out) or many transfers. And what was the amount?
Plus when the money was put in did the full amount go out or a portion go out? And did you already have money in that account?
Because you could potentially fight it
Reply 10
Original post by Tee.kayy
Was it just one transfer (as in money went in then out) or many transfers. And what was the amount?
Plus when the money was put in did the full amount go out or a portion go out? And did you already have money in that account?
Because you could potentially fight it

Please don't give false hope, even if the fraudster is morally corrupt.
Reply 11

Hello, how long did it take to become un blacklisted?
Original post by Xlish
Hello, how long did it take to become un blacklisted?

Depending on the type of marker, it may be up to 6yrs.

If you request your details from CIFAS they’ll confirm the duration.

Latest

Trending

Trending