The Student Room Group

Just as a point of reference how long are standard non-medical bachelors in the UK?

Title, Lancaster university (computer science bsc) starts in October which seems fairly late. Excluding welcome week the first year at least seems to have 30 weeks of schooling.

For anyone else studying a standard 3 year bachelors in the UK, how many weeks on campus do you guys have excluding welcome week? I just want to gauge if 30 weeks a year
is below or above average for a bachelors.
Original post by Atlas-975
Title, Lancaster university (computer science bsc) starts in October which seems fairly late. Excluding welcome week the first year at least seems to have 30 weeks of schooling.

For anyone else studying a standard 3 year bachelors in the UK, how many weeks on campus do you guys have excluding welcome week? I just want to gauge if 30 weeks a year
is below or above average for a bachelors.

Where are you from?
Reply 2
Is that relevant?
24 weeks at oxbridge and york afaik
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Atlas-975
Is that relevant?

Not directly, but your question is strange simply because the timings you describe are pretty standard for the UK. You could google any university term dates if you wanted.
Qmul was 24 weeks of teaching across 2 semesters. Though sone of the last few weeks were “revision” so nothing new taught.
At UCL (languages) our terms broke down as two terms that were 10 teaching weeks each with 1 reading week in the middle of each one, and then a third term that was just 8 weeks for revision/exams, no teaching. So, it was 30 weeks of term time, but only 20 were actually teaching weeks.
ETA: I suppose you could say it was 31 weeks if you counted Freshers week as part of the first term
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending