The Student Room Group

UCAS application, transfering 1st year

I'm a first-year student, studying a bachelor's degree online from an American-based institution. I'm looking to transfer to the UK next fall.

What do I add to my education qualification on my UCAS application other than my IGCSE and A-level grades? I want to add my current university grade. However, since I'm transferring from a 4 year based university I won't be receiving any award qualifications other than a GPA. Would be fine if I just choose 'Other (International Non-EU Qualifications)'?
Original post by malij
I'm a first-year student, studying a bachelor's degree online from an American-based institution. I'm looking to transfer to the UK next fall.

What do I add to my education qualification on my UCAS application other than my IGCSE and A-level grades? I want to add my current university grade. However, since I'm transferring from a 4 year based university I won't be receiving any award qualifications other than a GPA. Would be fine if I just choose 'Other (International Non-EU Qualifications)'?

Hi,

I would recommend you contact your university admissions team to ask them whether they need it under your UCAS application (e.g the international Non-EU qualifications) or whether it can just be sent over to them directly.

I hope this helps and best of luck with your application!

Mary
London South Bank University Student Rep (3rd-year Children's Nursing)
It does need to be listed on the UCAS app. UCAS are really clear about this, no need to contact the uni directly to ask.

To be honest it doesn't really matter what it's listed as, (and the category above is as good as any), so long as it's there in the education section with the relevant dates. The uni will contact you for a transcript if needs be.
Reply 3
Original post by LSBU
Hi,

I would recommend you contact your university admissions team to ask them whether they need it under your UCAS application (e.g the international Non-EU qualifications) or whether it can just be sent over to them directly.

Mary

I will try that, thank you so much!
Original post by LSBU
Hi,

Mary

Hi Mary.
The UCAS declaration states that an applicant has submitted details of all their qualifications. Encouraging an applicant to withhold qualifications would make their application technically fraudulent.
For reference:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

"If you studied at a uni or college but didn't finish the course, you still need to enter these details. Include the start and finish date, and state that you didn't receive any qualifications there."
Reply 6
Original post by Admit-One
For reference:

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/applying-university/filling-your-ucas-undergraduate-application

"If you studied at a uni or college but didn't finish the course, you still need to enter these details. Include the start and finish date, and state that you didn't receive any qualifications there."

Thank you for the reference, I presume that any other information required will be asked for by the university.
Original post by malij
Thank you for the reference, I presume that any other information required will be asked for by the university.

Yes, fundamentally it's enough for them to know where you were and what you were doing between those dates. Anything else, they will ask for.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending