The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

University of Bath MPharm

I will be applying for Pharmacy 2022 entry and considering university of Bath, I have visited the university and I really liked the campus and facilities. I was wondering if anyone could mention their experience of the university?
(edited 2 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Campus Tour film at the bottom of this page https://www.bath.ac.uk/campaigns/undergraduate-campus-tours/
And Bath is a fantastic place to live!
Original post by Studentlife007
I will be applying for Pharmacy 2022 entry and considering university of Bath, I have visited the university and I really liked the campus and facilities. I was wondering if anyone could mention their experience of the university?

Hi there! Great to hear you are interested in applying to Bath :smile:

My name is Leah and I am a final year chemical engineering student at the University of Bath. While I do not know much about the pharmacy course at Bath, I am happy to give some insight into what it's like to be a student at Bath.

As you saw when you visited, Bath is a campus University. Unlike a city University, all of the University buildings are located on campus (with the exception of few accommodation buildings and a study space in the city centre). This makes for a campus ‘bubble’ as I would call it - it is a reasonably small Uni compared to some other unis. Everything you need is on campus, including shops and excellent sports facilities. There is such a lovely community feel on campus which I fell in love with when I went to visit and was one of the top reasons why I chose Bath. The campus is up at hill, about a 10/15 minute bus ride from the city centre.

The Student’s Union at Bath is also very good. There are so many societies, sports and volunteering opportunities to get involved with. I would highly recommend getting involved when you start as it’s a great way to meet new people - I personally joined the canoe club when I started uni, which has been a lot of fun and where I made a lot of my uni friends.

I am not a big city person, so Bath was a perfect size for me and I felt really at home when I went to visit. There is plenty going on a busy high-street with lots of shops, pubs and bars, nightclubs and lots of cultural activities. As I am sure you are aware, Bath is very popular tourist attraction it is very pretty and I love living there. Some people find that Bath can be quite small particularly if you are used to living in a big city. You will find club nights nearly every night of the week, with 2 SU nights on campus a week. However, the clubs are fairly small. Many students will go to Bristol for a night out, where you can find much bigger clubs. Bristol is about 10/15 minutes away by train and is great to explore 😊

I hope this helps - do let me know if you have any questions about Bath!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering

I'm applying and I visited the pharmacy labs over summer - they were really nicely equipped and the professors were lovely. Is it your firm too?
Original post by smileycat26
I'm applying and I visited the pharmacy labs over summer - they were really nicely equipped and the professors were lovely. Is it your firm too?

I haven’t quite decided where I will firm but Bath is definitely in my top 2 no matter what. I attended the summer school and I loved it there. Where else are you applying to?
Reply 6

Ooo i have applied for Bath too for pharmacy 2022!! Its one of my top 2 unis!
Original post by namamxx
Ooo i have applied for Bath too for pharmacy 2022!! Its one of my top 2 unis!

Where else have you applied to?! :smile:
Reply 8
Where else have you applied to?! :smile:

I have applied to 3 Mpharm unis which are kingston, bath and manchester.
And 2 for medicine which is UCL and Leeds.
I think im leaning towards pharmacy. Im hoping i get into kingston or bath, i already have an interview offer from kingston which is this week but yeah! What about you?..
Original post by namamxx
I have applied to 3 Mpharm unis which are kingston, bath and manchester.
And 2 for medicine which is UCL and Leeds.
I think im leaning towards pharmacy. Im hoping i get into kingston or bath, i already have an interview offer from kingston which is this week but yeah! What about you?..

Ahhhh good luck!! I’ve applied to Notts, Bath, Birmingham, Newcastle and Keele (all for Pharmacy). I applied almost a month ago with the aim to get all the interviews done before 2022 but nah😂😭 Haven’t heard back from Bath or Keele yet. My assumption of applying earlier means u get an interview earlier is wrong. I forgot that all universities work at a different pace…oh well. What is making you learn more towards Pharmacy than medicine?
Interviews at Bath will not be until the New Year.
Original post by McGinger
Interviews at Bath will not be until the New Year.

Ahhh that explains it thanks! I attended this online session from Bath about Pharmacy and I’m sure they mentioned that interviews start in November-December? Either plans have changed or I got it wrong but I remember it being Bath
Ahhh that explains it thanks! I attended this online session from Bath about Pharmacy and I’m sure they mentioned that interviews start in November-December? Either plans have changed or I got it wrong but I remember it being Bath

All top Unis are being far more cautious about making offers this year so things are happening more slowly.
Original post by McGinger
All top Unis are being far more cautious about making offers this year so things are happening more slowly.

Makes sense
Reply 14
Ahhhh good luck!! I’ve applied to Notts, Bath, Birmingham, Newcastle and Keele (all for Pharmacy). I applied almost a month ago with the aim to get all the interviews done before 2022 but nah😂😭 Haven’t heard back from Bath or Keele yet. My assumption of applying earlier means u get an interview earlier is wrong. I forgot that all universities work at a different pace…oh well. What is making you learn more towards Pharmacy than medicine?

Yeah but manchester are being abit weird and are telling me they wont accept me until both med unis have rejected me or i reject them as long as pharmacy is my “first choice” . Kingston is more of send application early , earlier you get interviews etc. Bath im pretty sure we wont hear back from until january 🥲 Medicine ones i have to wait until my bmat results come out which is scary.
Tbf i wish i did all pharmacy. it use to be all medicine but i realised the course was not for me and it isn't what i really like, the drug side n pharmacy course i feel more comfortable and more excited to learn with but tbf thats my fault for finding out too late but atleast i picked 3 out of the 5 unis got pharmacy :’)
(edited 2 years ago)
Ye I think Manchester mentions in ther Pharmacy website that they don’t accept medicine applicants. It isn’t your fault that you found out late, many people realise what they actually want to do after completing half their degree or after getting a degree. So if you think about it, you’ve realised what you want to do before you waste a lot of money at university doing something you don’t like.
Reply 16
Ye I think Manchester mentions in ther Pharmacy website that they don’t accept medicine applicants. It isn’t your fault that you found out late, many people realise what they actually want to do after completing half their degree or after getting a degree. So if you think about it, you’ve realised what you want to do before you waste a lot of money at university doing something you don’t like.

Yeah i tried getting in touch with them 2 weeks before i submitted my application and they never responded. But yeah ah well i really wanna go kingston or bath anyways (,/

Hello,

I appreciate it can be stressful whilst waiting for news on your application. But please be rest assured that most applicants will not be hearing back until after the UCAS 26 January 2022 deadline. Admissions tutors like to wait until after the deadline to assess all applications fairly.

Please do ask if you have any other questions.

James
Final Year Student
Original post by University of Bath
Hello,

I appreciate it can be stressful whilst waiting for news on your application. But please be rest assured that most applicants will not be hearing back until after the UCAS 26 January 2022 deadline. Admissions tutors like to wait until after the deadline to assess all applications fairly.

Please do ask if you have any other questions.

James
Final Year Student

Will receive interviews before this date? Or do u mean no offers until after the deadline?
Reply 19
Original post by mryam200204
Will receive interviews before this date? Or do u mean no offers until after the deadline?

they said after the deadline so after deadline sadly

Quick Reply

Latest