The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni of Bath Accommodation - post all questions here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mr Currywurst
When applying for accommodation, is the chance of getting preferred accommodation affected by when the application is sent (as long as the accommodation application is sent before the 1st of July)?

As far as I am aware from my experience last year, it is not a first come first serve system, but rather a computer generated algorithm based on a students 1-10 preference.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Mr Currywurst
When applying for accommodation, is the chance of getting preferred accommodation affected by when the application is sent (as long as the accommodation application is sent before the 1st of July)?

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

No, the accommodation application process is not first come first served. As long as your application is submitted by the 1 July 2022 deadline, you have the same chance of getting your top ranked accommodation as anyone else.

More information is available here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/guides/applying-for-undergraduate-student-accommodation/

Please do ask if you have any other questions.

James
Final Year Student
Do I have to make any upfront payment like deposit when I apply online for accommodation at this point in time? I mean notwithstanding I have firmed Bath there could be for whatsoever reasons like inability to meet the conditional grades or occurrence of new Covid wave that could hinder my attendance to uni.
Original post by Anonymous
Do I have to make any upfront payment like deposit when I apply online for accommodation at this point in time? I mean notwithstanding I have firmed Bath there could be for whatsoever reasons like inability to meet the conditional grades or occurrence of new Covid wave that could hinder my attendance to uni.

I didn’t pay any deposit when I applied last year. Not sure if they’ve changed it
Some unis ask you to fill out a questionnaire so you are put in with people with similar interests or preferences - is there such a thing for Bath?
Some unis ask you to fill out a questionnaire so you are put in with people with similar interests or preferences - is there such a thing for Bath?

No they don’t
But if an embarrassing one but

I have quite bad IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and can send a really long time using the bathroom - sometimes for hours. My concern is that I annoy flat mates by taking so long in the shared facilities. Not sure whether it’s worth mentioning to the Uni so that I can get my preferred choice of en-suite (that way I don’t bother people) or if there are still plenty of facilities for multiple people at a time in flats where they are shared? Either way I’d rather people didn’t know I spend so long there…
hi, i wanna ask how is living in the Quads like? i'm thinking of putting it as one of my top options but from what i've seen online, the rooms look sooo small :frown: i really like the social and kitchen space tho because it's bigger than other accomodations + i love to cook. if not the Quads, i was also thinking of Marlborough Court and Solsbury Court, but if anyone could give insight too either of the dorms that would be great! :smile:
Original post by grayrah
hi, i wanna ask how is living in the Quads like? i'm thinking of putting it as one of my top options but from what i've seen online, the rooms look sooo small :frown: i really like the social and kitchen space tho because it's bigger than other accomodations + i love to cook. if not the Quads, i was also thinking of Marlborough Court and Solsbury Court, but if anyone could give insight too either of the dorms that would be great! :smile:

I stayed in Solsbury in my first year. In Marlborough and Solsbury it ranges from flats with five to seven people, whereas staying in Quads there is a lot more people per floor. Personally I would've preferred more people as it increases the chance you will meet and connect with someone you get along with. The social vibe is a lot better in quads as well and there is often gatherings in the communal areas. The little space in the kitchen kind of limits flat gatherings in M&S. In terms of the rooms in M&S they are slightly better but the size difference isn't that notable after your first few weeks. Hope this helps.
Original post by unidropouttt
I stayed in Solsbury in my first year. In Marlborough and Solsbury it ranges from flats with five to seven people, whereas staying in Quads there is a lot more people per floor. Personally I would've preferred more people as it increases the chance you will meet and connect with someone you get along with. The social vibe is a lot better in quads as well and there is often gatherings in the communal areas. The little space in the kitchen kind of limits flat gatherings in M&S. In terms of the rooms in M&S they are slightly better but the size difference isn't that notable after your first few weeks. Hope this helps.

personally i don't mind having fewer people in the same flat as im not a huge social butterfly haha, but i'm trying to not limit myself too in terms of meeting new people at uni, so i might put quads above M&S. thank you for sharing!
But if an embarrassing one but

I have quite bad IBS (irritable bowel syndrome) and can send a really long time using the bathroom - sometimes for hours. My concern is that I annoy flat mates by taking so long in the shared facilities. Not sure whether it’s worth mentioning to the Uni so that I can get my preferred choice of en-suite (that way I don’t bother people) or if there are still plenty of facilities for multiple people at a time in flats where they are shared? Either way I’d rather people didn’t know I spend so long there…

I have a similar issue I really hope I don’t have to share bathroom with anyone bc ik i’ll annoy others : (
Hi @University of Bath
I have an unconditional firmed offer from the University of Bath (applied with achieved grades so my place has already been confirmed).
Would this increase my likelihood as to getting one of my top choices or getting an accommodation earlier than July? Maybe June?
Thanks
Hi @University of Bath
I have an unconditional firmed offer from the University of Bath (applied with achieved grades so my place has already been confirmed).
Would this increase my likelihood as to getting one of my top choices or getting an accommodation earlier than July? Maybe June?
Thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your question. Firstly, you won't hear about your accommodation allocation any earlier because of the unconditional firmed offer. All allocations and communications are made after A-Level results day, it is not a first come first served process. In terms of the likelihood of a top choice allocation, it is hard to say. It would likely come down to whether or not your top choice was oversubscribed in terms of preference. This is very hard to predict.

More information on the allocation procedure is here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/student-accommodation-application-terms-and-conditions/

Hope that helps.

James
Final Year Student
Asking for a friend - anyone currently from Marlborough/Solsbury know if the desks there are fixed to the wall/floor? I think they were refurbished fairly recently, so it might have been different prior to the refurb.
asking if anyone's application for accommodation isn't working? tried selecting the 1st year undergrad pathway but the page loads for very long and shows that there's an error...have tried emailing student accoms but was wondering is anyone else is also facing the same issue
Hi same thing happened to me so I rang them. You just have to try everyday and it should start working. Mine is now working :smile:. They are unsure what the problem is. The accommodation isn’t first come first serve so wouldn’t worry too much.
I have firmed Bath Uni.
Where do I find my username and password for Bath to apply for halls accommodation?
Reply 57
Original post by Bullseye180
I have firmed Bath Uni.
Where do I find my username and password for Bath to apply for halls accommodation?

If you cant find it, just email [email protected] and ask them to resend them to you.
Reply 58
Student experience and tips on choosing Quads accommodation - one of Bath's Blogs :
https://blogs.bath.ac.uk/students/2022/05/24/my-experience-and-tips-on-choosing-quads-accommodation/
Hi! I'm a postgraduate applicant looking at regular (non-student) accommodation in the city. I am wondering if anyone lives in Larkhall/the London Road area and is able to walk to campus? Google maps estimates it takes 45-50 minutes but that seems to be only taking the main roads, if there are footpaths I think it could be a lot quicker as it's not too far as the crow flies. Thinking maybe there are footpaths that don't show up on Maps? Anyone know people from that area or the north east of Bath generally who gets into uni okay?

Quick Reply

Latest