The Student Room Group
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni of Bath Accommodation - post all questions here

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by kittyhawk
Hi! I'm a postgraduate applicant looking at regular (non-student) accommodation in the city. I am wondering if anyone lives in Larkhall/the London Road area and is able to walk to campus? Google maps estimates it takes 45-50 minutes

Bath Uni is on the top of a big hill on the outskirts of the city.
It will take you at least 30 mins to walk uphill to campus, possibly 45 mins.
This is why most Bath students live on the Uni bus route.
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Eastwood Terrace is one of my top choices and I was wondering if the shared toilets are single stall or multiple stalls in one room?

Is it different for each accommodation w/ shared toilets?
Original post by Anonymous
Eastwood Terrace is one of my top choices and I was wondering if the shared toilets are single stall or multiple stalls in one room?

Is it different for each accommodation w/ shared toilets?

Hello,

Thank you for your question. The shared bathrooms vary in different accommodations - they can be large (multiple separate toilets and showers in one room), smaller than this, or individual cubicles. Regardless of which accommodation you're in, there is a good ratio of users to bathrooms, and it is rare to be waiting to use it etc.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Original post by University of Bath
Hello,

Thank you for your question. The shared bathrooms vary in different accommodations - they can be large (multiple separate toilets and showers in one room), smaller than this, or individual cubicles. Regardless of which accommodation you're in, there is a good ratio of users to bathrooms, and it is rare to be waiting to use it etc.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student

Thanks for the response! I would prefer for there to be individual cubicles for a shared bathroom accommodation. Do you know which accommodations have these?
If i live in a hall without Eat and Drinks credit, supposed i can still go to the cafe in the campus for meals at my own cost, right? Many thanks
If I chose the Polden accommodation, can I put it down three times. For example, Polden has ensuite small, ensuite and ensuite large. Can each of them be separate choices when selecting your accommodation?
Original post by University of Bath
Hi there!

You can see the list of postgraduate options for 2022/23 here and the list of undergraduate option for 2022/23 here. Polden is a postgraduate options. However, there are a number of undergraduate options available.

Please let me know if you have anymore questions!

Leah
Final Year Chemical Engineering

Polden is also listed in the Undergraduate section on the website. Is your advice correct?

EDIT

POLDEN COURT & POLDEN
Just spoken to Student Accommodation services. Both Polden Court and Polden accommodation is available for undergraduate 1st year students, however, priority for Polden is given to postgraduate students .
(edited 1 year ago)
It would be helpful if students who have lived on campus give a few lines about their experience and thoughts of the accommodation.
Thanks for the response! I would prefer for there to be individual cubicles for a shared bathroom accommodation. Do you know which accommodations have these?

Hello,

No problem.

Just to be clear - all shared bathrooms have individual cubicle showers and toilets. Some have multiple individual cubicles within one big room, whilst others will be standalone individual cubicles. I'm afraid I don't know which accommodation has each exactly - it may be possible to find out if you email [email protected].

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Original post by JojoABC
If i live in a hall without Eat and Drinks credit, supposed i can still go to the cafe in the campus for meals at my own cost, right? Many thanks

Hello,

Yes this is correct. All campus outlets are open to all students - you can just pay through a debit card etc instead.

James
Final Year Student
Could I get some insight into what the competition is like for Bsc Economics at Bath this year? Asking because my conditional offer required me to get a 36 overall with a 7, 6, 6 in my HL subjects (IB) and I ended up with a 40 overall but a 6, 6, 6 in my HL subjects. Is it possible that I get any sort of information on whether I have a decent shot at getting accepted despite narrowly missing out on one of the conditions.
Could I get some insight into what the competition is like for Bsc Economics at Bath this year? Asking because my conditional offer required me to get a 36 overall with a 7, 6, 6 in my HL subjects (IB) and I ended up with a 40 overall but a 6, 6, 6 in my HL subjects. Is it possible that I get any sort of information on whether I have a decent shot at getting accepted despite narrowly missing out on one of the conditions.

Hello,

I appreciate this may be a stressful time for you. I'm afraid it is impossible to comment on course competition at this stage. Please refer to any existing communication you have been sent by the University regarding results and next steps. Alternatively, you can email Admissions through [email protected] - but again, they may not be able to provide much guidance at this stage.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Reply 72
Are coffee machines allowed in student rooms? And if not, is it something that people do anyways and hide during room inspections?
Original post by WRC
Are coffee machines allowed in student rooms? And if not, is it something that people do anyways and hide during room inspections?

Hello,

You may find these two links useful for things you can and cannot bring to university accommodation:

https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/things-to-bring-when-you-move-into-university-accommodation/
https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/things-you-must-not-bring-with-you-when-you-move-into-your-accommodation/ (exceptions regarding coffee machines are included here)

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Hi,

What are the rules about guests?
One of my friends is going to University of Bristol which is quite close to Bath. Will she be allowed to stay in my room for a day or two?
Also, what about family members? Will my parents be allowed to stay with me for a few days?

Thank you!
Reply 75
Hi,

One of my friends is going to University of Bristol which is quite close to Bath. Will she be allowed to stay in my room for a day or two?
Also, what about family members? Will my parents be allowed to stay with me for a few days?

Thank you!

You have posted exacly the same question on the Bristol forum.

As noted there, you have a room the size of a cupboard - there will be no room for the rest of your family to stay unless they like hanging from lightswitches or sleeping on a desk.
Hello. I am an international postgraduate coming to study at the University of Bath this September. The accommodation I have been allocated is Aquila Court and I would love it if anyone here could share me their opinions/reviews of this place. There are not much photos/information regarding this place on their website so I'm curious as to how it's like. Thank you very much.
Original post by Dean Kwok
Hello. I am an international postgraduate coming to study at the University of Bath this September. The accommodation I have been allocated is Aquila Court and I would love it if anyone here could share me their opinions/reviews of this place. There are not much photos/information regarding this place on their website so I'm curious as to how it's like. Thank you very much.

I think it is brand new. https://www.crm-students.com/student-accommodation/bath/aquila-court-bath/
Hi,

Thank you!

Hi,

Thank you for your question.

University accommodation rooms are designed for single occupancy (apart from shared rooms, naturally), so it is a practical struggle to host guests. You would not be able to host your parents in university accomodation.

In the past, the University has had some accommodation rooms that students can book for guests visiting campus. However, it is likely best to wait until the 2022/23 academic year to see if the university will be offering this during term time.

Of course there are loads of hotels in Bath city centre.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Hi,

Are cutlery, cockery and frying pans available in univeristy accommodation? (I'm talking about eastwood shared and westwood shared)

Quick Reply

Latest