Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath

Uni of Bath Accommodation - post all questions here

Scroll to see replies

Original post by University of Bath
Hi,

Thank you for your question.

University accommodation rooms are designed for single occupancy (apart from shared rooms, naturally), so it is a practical struggle to host guests. You would not be able to host your parents in university accomodation.

In the past, the University has had some accommodation rooms that students can book for guests visiting campus. However, it is likely best to wait until the 2022/23 academic year to see if the university will be offering this during term time.

Of course there are loads of hotels in Bath city centre.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student

Thank you!
Freshers Week, University of Bath
University of Bath
Bath
Original post by Aruba_ag
Hi,

Are cutlery, cockery and frying pans available in univeristy accommodation? (I'm talking about eastwood shared and westwood shared)

Hi,

These are things you will want to bring with you. Please see this link: https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/things-to-bring-when-you-move-into-university-accommodation/.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
hi just wanna ask when will be informed of our confirmed accommodation from the uni? i rmbr reading somewhere that it should be around this month, will we be notified via email?
Original post by grayrah
hi just wanna ask when will be informed of our confirmed accommodation from the uni? i rmbr reading somewhere that it should be around this month, will we be notified via email?

Hello,

Most students will be emailed regarding their confirmed accommodation choice between late August and early September.

Further information is available here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/student-accommodation-application-terms-and-conditions/.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

What are the rules about guests?
One of my friends is going to University of Bristol which is quite close to Bath. Will she be allowed to stay in my room for a day or two?
Also, what about family members? Will my parents be allowed to stay with me for a few days?

Thank you!

I stayed over at a friend's accommodation in bath and you can fit about 3 people in there if ones on the bed two on the floor would not recommend it but if its a few friends it works for a day but family 100% would not recommend
What is the difference between Eastwood Green and Eastwood Terrace? Which one is better?
I’ve been allocated green park house on here the posts are all about it being bath spa is this a mix of bath spa and bath uni students? Also I’m worried about it being off campus and does that make it less social? :/
Any idea of when we can expect confirmation of our accommodation this year?

I firmed Bath and got in and haven't been told, meanwhile I see lots of international students have already got theirs?
Original post by Eddie3294302

I firmed Bath and got in and haven't been told, meanwhile I see lots of international students have already got theirs?

Yeah I’ve been wondering when they’ll allocate it but people have been saying it’ll be about the end of august so I guess I should just wait until then
Original post by Eddie3294302

How do you see this info?
Original post by 20ishurl
Yeah I’ve been wondering when they’ll allocate it but people have been saying it’ll be about the end of august so I guess I should just wait until then

Hello,

Most students will hear about their accommodation allocation between late August and early September. More information is available here: https://www.bath.ac.uk/corporate-information/student-accommodation-application-terms-and-conditions/.

Hope this helps.

James
Final Year Student
Just got allocated to the quads which was my initial first choice but have had second thoughts about paying for eat and drink credit, plus the rooms appear to be sooo small. I want to change to my second choice which was marlsborough and Solsbury court but I have a feeling I’ll have to wait till I move in to change rooms? Is that possible?
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by 90 cent
Just got allocated to the people quads which was my initial first choice but have had second thoughts about paying for eat and drink credit, plus the rooms appear to be sooo small. I want to change to my second choice which was marlsborough and Solsbury court but I have a feeling I’ll have to wait till I move in to change rooms? Is that possible?

where in Quads??
where in Quads??

The quads yeah
Original post by 90 cent
The quads yeah

Nah like which one ABCDE
Nah like which one ABCDE

E .
has anyone still not received accommodation?
Original post by Sanders234
has anyone still not received accommodation?

I haven’t yet :/
Original post by 20ishurl
I haven’t yet :/

Me neither, I was told we'd receive it before September 9th.
Hi can anyone tell me if this accommodation has been refurbished. Ie is it a good place to live? I’m finding it really difficult to find any pictures. Is it one of the horizontal blocks or vertical? Anyone lived here before? Any info would be good. Thanks 😀 Paula

Quick Reply

Latest