The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Business at Royal Holloway

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone could shed a light on the Business Management and Marketing course at Royal Holloway. I like the overall vibe of RHUL but I am concerned that the business department isn't what I want it to be like

P.s. the other uni that I am looking at is Queen Mary's :smile:
I'm currently studying management with marketing (Second year), how it works is that everyone studying management all study the same thing until halfway the second year, so that offers flexibility for you, in case you wanna change to do management with something else

Probably the same with all other unis but you have some good lecturers and some bad ones.
You get 8 hours time table sessions a week, (1 lecture and 1 workshop (Seminar) per module and you do 4 modules a term.)

I'm not sure what else you would like to know lol
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
I forgot to say that there is also like online content that you're meant to go through yourself in addition to the scheduled lessons in your timetable^
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I'm currently studying management with marketing (Second year), how it works is that everyone studying management all study the same thing until halfway the second year, so that offers flexibility for you, in case you wanna change to do management with something else

Probably the same with all other unis but you have some good lecturers and some bad ones.
You get 8 hours time table sessions a week, (1 lecture and 1 workshop (Seminar) per module and you do 4 modules a term.)

I'm not sure what else you would like to know lol

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Are your lectures in person? When I went to the open day, I was told lectures were being held online, which I did not like.

Also, how are the lecturers? Do you find that they are engaging (e.g. do you get to contribute a lot or is it more of a type of sit-and-listen type of lecture?)

Thank you so much!!!
Original post by Bus22
Hi! Thanks for your reply. Are your lectures in person? When I went to the open day, I was told lectures were being held online, which I did not like.

Also, how are the lecturers? Do you find that they are engaging (e.g. do you get to contribute a lot or is it more of a type of sit-and-listen type of lecture?)

Thank you so much!!!

Hey sorry for the late reply, hopefully it'll still be useful.

So i think everything depends on what the situation will be like next year, but this year i have half of my lectures online and half in person. But the first term of last year, i had all my lectures in person. Although i think the school is more into bringing the smaller class sessions (Workshops) in person where possible. Overall both years it was 4 hours online and 4 in person.

Lectuerers are hit and miss lol. There are some really good ones, in your first year you have a module called international business who has a very good lecturer, while another module has a really bad one lol. Whether you find them engaging could be objective tho haha. Different lecturers do their sessions differently, some are more of a sit and listen type, while others will try and get you answer questions, although asking questions to like 100+ people is not very practical, also people tend to not answer so most are the sit and listen type. The international business one had a multiple choice question activity we did every term.

In the workshops they tend to be more interactive, like they ask questions and you're meant to answer etc.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I forgot to say that there is also like online content that you're meant to go through yourself in addition to the scheduled lessons in your timetable^
I'm sorry. I don't know if you're still getting my message. I have a few questions, will there be a school living in London and going to classes every day? will there be classes every day? Thanks!
Original post by Aaron Tong
I'm sorry. I don't know if you're still getting my message. I have a few questions, will there be a school living in London and going to classes every day? will there be classes every day? Thanks!

Hi, I'm not 100% sure what you mean but in terms of will there be people living in London: Yes it is most likely that there will be some people living in London that travel in for their lessons. But there will not be any formal group that travel in from London, it is mostly expected that you make your own way to your lessons from wherever you live. But if you have friends that live nearby you could always organise this among yourselves.

You can have classes everyday, but you might be lucky and have a day or two with no classes. This all depends on your individual timetable.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending