The Student Room Group

Historical British TV series?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Muttley79
If you are interested in real British History then look for series by Michael Wood.

Otherwise for some sci-fi - Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy, Blakes 7

I found some books published by Michael Wood, such as "the story of England",Screenshot_20211017_222316.jpg but I couldn't find a TV series or movie made by Michael Wood.
thank you
Original post by tinygirl96
Fawlty Towers

oh tiny girl, I so glad to meet you. thanks for your recommendation
Original post by xxx0xxxo
Fleabag

Spoiler

thanks all the same
Original post by willwongeleven53
I found some books published by Michael Wood, such as "the story of England",Screenshot_20211017_222316.jpg but I couldn't find a TV series or movie made by Michael Wood.

Try youtube :smile:
Original post by Chronoscope
You might be interested in something like Britbox - loads of the classics and older shows which used to be on ITV/BBC like Blackadder, Grange Hill, Downton Abbey. Classic Doctor Who etc are on there :smile: I use it mostly for Doctor Who, Grange Hill and Primeval

Thank you for your recommendation.
Original post by Muttley79
Try youtube :smile:

Thank you for your patience.
Original post by Napp
black adder, to the manor born, yes minister all spring to mind :smile:

thank you
Excuse me, can anyone recommend me some historical British TV series?
For example, "The Musketeers" and "Merlin",
market.jpgMV5BZTBjYjM3ZjItZTI1MS00ODZhLWFhZDgtODgxMmMzN2JlOTExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_F.jpg
I think they are very good TV series, can anyone recommend some historical British TV series to me?

Peaky Blinders 😂😂

Jokes aside it does have a lot of links to historical events in the UK but it’s very dramatised.
Original post by Ryan-york
Peaky Blinders 😂😂

Jokes aside it does have a lot of links to historical events in the UK but it’s very dramatised.

thanks
market.jpgMV5BZTBjYjM3ZjItZTI1MS00ODZhLWFhZDgtODgxMmMzN2JlOTExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTA4NzY1MzY@._V1_F.jpg
I think they are very good TV series, can anyone recommend some historical British TV series to me?

Try Downton Abbey, it is about the everyday life of a Lord's family in the ending Victorian era.

Blackadder. Absolutely hilarious

Quick Reply

Latest