The Student Room Group
BPP University
BPP University

LPC part-time with a full-time job

Hi! I would really appreciate any insight or experiences of doing the LPC part-time alongside a full-time job. I'm looking to start the course in Feb 2022 at BPP but quite worried about managing both and maintaining a healthy social life as well, would be great to hear any insights on whether this is achievable!

Thank you.
Reply 1
Hi amuasher,

Full-time students at BPP doing the LPC are expected to devote around 40/45 hours per week on their studies. Realistically, I probably studied around 60 hours per week. Part-time students are expected to do around half that (20 hours). If your full-time job isn't too strenuous it should be ok but are likely to have to study on the weekends/evenings as well, which might hurt your social life.

To flip it round, many of my peers in the full-time LPC tried to have part-time jobs during the year. They all either switched to part-time or quit their jobs even though they were part time. You should be able to do it, but I'm not sure how healthy your social life will be! Hope this helps!
BPP University
BPP University
Original post by coco128
Hi amuasher,

Full-time students at BPP doing the LPC are expected to devote around 40/45 hours per week on their studies. Realistically, I probably studied around 60 hours per week. Part-time students are expected to do around half that (20 hours). If your full-time job isn't too strenuous it should be ok but are likely to have to study on the weekends/evenings as well, which might hurt your social life.

To flip it round, many of my peers in the full-time LPC tried to have part-time jobs during the year. They all either switched to part-time or quit their jobs even though they were part time. You should be able to do it, but I'm not sure how healthy your social life will be! Hope this helps!

Hi I’m also looking at the Bpp LPC part time course in Leeds but need to know if the Saturday session can be done online or if attendance on Saturday is the only option. I’m post grad with a part time job and need to work on the Saturday to keep my job to cover existing commitments. Anyone offer any advice on this
(edited 2 years ago)
Hi amausher,

Teachers strictly recommend treating LPC as you would treat a full-time job due to all the preparation and post-seminar consolidation required. If you pursue full-time LPC, teachers strictly recommend not to work more than one day per week as you will have classes three to four days. Besides, the course is structured in such a manner that students are assessed end of each term as soon as they are taught. Hence, we are expected to learn, consolidate and all in all be ready to be assessed all in the same term. All these require a commitment that one would usually devote to a full-time job. I recently met an LPC lecturer who used to be a lawyer and she worked full-time while completing her LPC part-time.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes
Farzana
LPC LLM student and BPP Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending