The Student Room Group
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website

LPC LLM online - timetable

Hi, hope this is in the right place.

I was wondering if anyone could help me - I am looking for an example timetable for LPC ULaw online. I need to see how many hours of my job I would be able to fit around it! Also, I am a bit confused about the ‘engage’ section of the online course

Thank you
Hi! I'm not sure if this will help but I am an LPC LLM part-time online student. I started Jan 2021 and they advise that the part-time course requires ~22.5 hours per week (so around 45 for the full-time course).The online course is asynchronous, so there is no set timetable. This means you can choose when to study and fit it around your other responsibilities. There is prep work which is a combination of textbook reading and looking at statutes, as well as interactive tutorials, recorded lectures, and prep tasks. The engage part is work which you complete and upload by Friday lunch for that week. There is then usually a consolidation task to do afterwards. Hope this helps!
Mock Trial
The University of Law
Visit website
Original post by stephaniewhitton
Hi! I'm not sure if this will help but I am an LPC LLM part-time online student. I started Jan 2021 and they advise that the part-time course requires ~22.5 hours per week (so around 45 for the full-time course).The online course is asynchronous, so there is no set timetable. This means you can choose when to study and fit it around your other responsibilities. There is prep work which is a combination of textbook reading and looking at statutes, as well as interactive tutorials, recorded lectures, and prep tasks. The engage part is work which you complete and upload by Friday lunch for that week. There is then usually a consolidation task to do afterwards. Hope this helps!

Hey! Just wondering if you found that the course actually took around 22.5 hours a week, or whether you found it took more or less? Thanks!
Original post by blightymouse
Hey! Just wondering if you found that the course actually took around 22.5 hours a week, or whether you found it took more or less? Thanks!

Hi Blightymouse,

I am currently studying the LLM LPC part-time at ULaw and have found that in general I do need the 22.5 hours a week (the course is spread over 2 years). However, some weeks required a bit more time as there was more reading and some less. But I have managed to nearly complete the course and also hold down a 9 - 5 job. If you do decided to do the part time route then there are 2 workshops that need to be complete every 10 day cycle. I have attached my first year time table so you can see how they structure the course.

Hopefully that helps you get a clearer idea as what is needed.

Good luck with your studies.

Tam
Student Ambassador - ULaw
Original post by The University of Law Students
Hi Blightymouse,

I am currently studying the LLM LPC part-time at ULaw and have found that in general I do need the 22.5 hours a week (the course is spread over 2 years). However, some weeks required a bit more time as there was more reading and some less. But I have managed to nearly complete the course and also hold down a 9 - 5 job. If you do decided to do the part time route then there are 2 workshops that need to be complete every 10 day cycle. I have attached my first year time table so you can see how they structure the course.

Hopefully that helps you get a clearer idea as what is needed.

Good luck with your studies.

Tam

Thanks Tam, that's amazing, thank you so much for the info!

Also, congratulations on nearly completing, especially while holding down a job!
Original post by blightymouse
Thanks Tam, that's amazing, thank you so much for the info!

Also, congratulations on nearly completing, especially while holding down a job!

You are welcome and thank you.

If you have any other questions please feel free to ask on the chat and myself or another ambassador will be more then willing to assist. Also we do have Unibuddy which you can also chat to current students at the university.
Here is the link:
https://www.law.ac.uk/students/international/unibuddy/

Also we do have a facebook pages if you want to connect with other students.

Wishing best of luck,

Tam

Reply 6

Hello with the interactive tutorials- how does it actually go ahead? Like do you talk about the workshop and go over everything?
Reply 7

Did you have to attend any live Online lectures, or was the lesson content always pre-recorded?
Reply 8
Original post by susie9598
Hi, hope this is in the right place.

I was wondering if anyone could help me - I am looking for an example timetable for LPC ULaw online. I need to see how many hours of my job I would be able to fit around it! Also, I am a bit confused about the ‘engage’ section of the online course

Thank you

How did you end up managing the part time online, whilst working. Could you have managed to complete the course full time, or would this have been too much to manage?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending