The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

The Official 2022 Liverpool Hope University Applicants Thread!

Hi Everyone!

This is the official 2022 thread for Liverpool Hope applicants.

Have any questions? Post them below!

To get started, why not fill in the below and introduce yourself:

Name:
Predicted grades:
Currently studying:

Look forward to hearing from you all!

Laura :rave:
I'd like to find out when postgraduate courses would be open for applications
Liverpool
Visit website
Hi, I'm applying for the MA social work program for September 2022.
Original post by Anonymous
I'd like to find out when postgraduate courses would be open for applications

Hi there!

We advise you to apply for a postgraduate degree as early as possible. Liverpool Hope University has two main intakes a year for postgraduate study - January and October. (Please note, not all programmes are available at each intake, please check individual postgraduate course pages for full details).

Most postgraduate applications should be made directly to Liverpool Hope University. Your application will be checked by our admissions team and will then be sent to the relevant Faculty for approval. We aim to respond to your application within two weeks. :smile:

I hope this helps! :h:

Caraigh :smile:
Hi, I'm applying for the MA social work program for September 2022.

Amazing - You'll love the course! :h:

The team here at Liverpool Hope University have expertise in children and family social work, theorising childhood, racism and anti-racist social work, mental health and mental health user movements, youth justice, radical social work histories, community engagement and international social work.

The course is also accredited by Social Work England (SWE) so it's this masters qualification is highly regarded by employers!

Best of luck with your application :h:

Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Amazing - You'll love the course! :h:

The team here at Liverpool Hope University have expertise in children and family social work, theorising childhood, racism and anti-racist social work, mental health and mental health user movements, youth justice, radical social work histories, community engagement and international social work.

The course is also accredited by Social Work England (SWE) so it's this masters qualification is highly regarded by employers!

Best of luck with your application :h:

Hi i dont have the best traditional grades atm therefor my predicted grades are very low however i do think i can get better in june final exam but nonetheless my predicated grades are really low due to some issues. do i still have a shot at applying?
Original post by summer.04x
Hi i dont have the best traditional grades atm therefor my predicted grades are very low however i do think i can get better in june final exam but nonetheless my predicated grades are really low due to some issues. do i still have a shot at applying?

Hi!

What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? Here at Hope, we ask for BBC (112 UCAS points) for most of our courses.

Furthermore, if you still think that you may not reach these grades, you could apply to universities through clearing as the requirements for the courses that still have spaces, ask for just 72 UCAS points, and this may be more achievable for you.

I hope this helps! if you have any further questions just get back in touch and I will be able to help you!

Rachel
Original post by Liverpool Hope University
Hi!

What are your predicted grades if you don't mind me asking? Here at Hope, we ask for BBC (112 UCAS points) for most of our courses.

Furthermore, if you still think that you may not reach these grades, you could apply to universities through clearing as the requirements for the courses that still have spaces, ask for just 72 UCAS points, and this may be more achievable for you.

I hope this helps! if you have any further questions just get back in touch and I will be able to help you!

Rachel

my predicted grades are ABD but the subject in which i have a D i could get a C in the final exam and A could bump up to an A* if things work out. If i apply with my current ones and get rejected and on results day i do get higher and theres an opening could i apply through clearing?
Original post by summer.04x
my predicted grades are ABD but the subject in which i have a D i could get a C in the final exam and A could bump up to an A* if things work out. If i apply with my current ones and get rejected and on results day i do get higher and theres an opening could i apply through clearing?

Hello @summer.04x :h:, hope you are having a nice start to your week!

That sounds great. Your predicted grades ABD equate to 112 UCAS tariff points - which we typically ask for as the minimum, so you meet the criteria at the moment based on your current grades. It is also amazing to hear that you are working towards upping these grades, too. With this motivation and mindset, you should do superbly.

As of always, if things do not work out, of course you could apply through our clearing line over the Summer.

If you have any further questions or queries, please pop these through, or you can email our Student Recruitment team on [email protected] where we'd be happy to assist there too.

Hope this helps!

Dylan
I am really disappointed at the poor way Liverpool Hope university is handling CAS issuance for international students. Imagine waiting for CAS issuance for months with no reason whatsoever as to what's causing the delay. No consideration is given to international students about us under unnecessary pressure. Even when we point out how close resumption date are, the only response we get is we can resume late if we are issued CAS late. If I wanted to resume late, I would have started the process late! For future international students, flee! This university is the worst of them all when it comes to CAS issuance.
Hi, I’m studying foundation education and special educational needs in September 2022. I can’t wait!!
Original post by Em.marshy86
Hi, I’m studying foundation education and special educational needs in September 2022. I can’t wait!!

Hi @Em.marshy86

That's brilliant that you are joining us in September, we really cannot wait to welcome you to the university.

Have you sorted out your accommodation yet? Let me know if you need any help with anything at all related to preparing to join us and I will be happy to help you!

Have the best week,

Kind regards,

Rachel :smile:
I am really disappointed at the poor way Liverpool Hope university is handling CAS issuance for international students. Imagine waiting for CAS issuance for months with no reason whatsoever as to what's causing the delay. No consideration is given to international students about us under unnecessary pressure. Even when we point out how close resumption date are, the only response we get is we can resume late if we are issued CAS late. If I wanted to resume late, I would have started the process late! For future international students, flee! This university is the worst of them all when it comes to CAS issuance.

Hi there,

Firstly we would like to thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us and we are extremely disappointed that you have such a negative opinion and experience with Liverpool Hope University thus far. International Students are of vital importance to us here at Hope and we take every effort to support and streamline this process which is often so challenging.

We fully accept that there has been a delay in CAS issuance this academic year and we have placed great priority on fixing the internal struggles and continuing to uphold a high standard of communication and compassion throughout. Issuing a CAS is a complex procedure which includes evaluating students on numerous levels and by various teams at the University. At each stage of the compliance process we make every effort to communicate with our applicants to ensure they are involved and understand the decision making. We are also experiencing a high volume of requests and are processing numerous student applications at the various stages of the CAS process which can take some time. As a small institution we also have a small percentage of visa refusal which means we are very careful when considering each individual CAS request. Of course none of this is an excuse and is something we will take onboard to re-evaluate to process for future international students considering Liverpool Hope.

I apologise that you have not had the high standard of experience that we pride ourselves on and I would personally like to look into your concerns further, if you could contact me on [email protected] or phone 01512913306.

Kind regards,
Charlotte Kotlewski
Hi, my daughter has got accepted into the primary school teaching undergraduate degree course & needs to get a part time job to part fund her accomodation. Can you advise what a 'typical' day is so she can see how many hours she has free? Is it 9 to 4 typically?
(edited 1 year ago)
He's not the only one who is complaining about that. I regret choosing this University and as i am talking it's been a month now since i submitted my CAS request form but there is no any tangible response from the school. Should we say that this school values international students?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending