The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

Struggling to settle into uni life?

For many students, the first few weeks at university are the worst. You're filled with doubts about your decision, homesickness, worries about your classes, and a lot of anxiety. I remember being terrified to leave my room!

Coming to uni is a huge change for lots of people, so here's my top tips for settling into uni life!

Go to as many events as you can!
Whether it's fresher's fair, socials, vintage fairs, or parties, go to lots of events and meet your fellow students. If you don't want to go alone, try bringing a flatmate or classmate- the more the merrier!

Decorate your room
It doesn't matter which uni you go to, the rooms all tend to look the same when they're empty, and it can be a huge downer. Make your room your happy place- decorate it with things that bring you joy, and will help you wind down after a long day of lectures.

Don't be afraid to get help
If you're really struggling, don't be afraid to get in contact with a hall rep, the wellbeing team, or just someone you trust like a friend or family member. I can guarantee you won't be the only one finding the transition difficult, and a problem shared is a problem halved!

Those are my top tips- what other tips does everyone have for getting through the first few weeks? Share them below!

-Ella
Graduate Advocate :smile:
This is great advice :smile:
Liverpool
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending