The Student Room Group

How to convert online book to PDF?

Hi, I have a CGP online text book and I want to convert it to a PDF.

I can’t copy and paste text from the online edition and it’s very time consuming to having to re-type key points.
(I use a MacBook)

Can anyone pm me on how to do this?
(edited 2 years ago)
Not sure if it's possible, but maybe screenshotting would be faster? Just a thought
You can't convert cgp online version to a pdf
I have an app called Google lens on my phone that can copy text from photos and can even send the copied text to chrome opened on another device. I'm sure there are similar available apps too :yy:
Can you print to PDF
AFAIK it can't be done. Practically any other format than CGP you'd be good to go.

Can you get hold of this book anywhere else in a different format? Kindle, Kobo, ePub etc?
Original post by VeryAverage
Not sure if it's possible, but maybe screenshotting would be faster? Just a thought

I'm trying to make flash-cards unfortunately :/
Original post by PilgrimOfTruth
AFAIK it can't be done. Practically any other format than CGP you'd be good to go.

Can you get hold of this book anywhere else in a different format? Kindle, Kobo, ePub etc?

Sadly no, it's only accessible on the CGP website online
Original post by mnot
Can you print to PDF

It won't allow me to
Original post by TheLostPrawn
Sadly no, it's only accessible on the CGP website online

Ah well your choice then. Myself I wouldn't get involved in proprietary book formats unless I know there exists software to convert them.

I buy all my eBooks from Amazon but then use the fantastic software package called CALIBRE to strip off the DRM wrapper and convert the books to ePub format. I can then read those books on any device without any Amazon dependency whatsoever.

I can’t copy and paste text from the online edition and it’s very time consuming to having to re-type key points.
(I use a MacBook)

It took me one day to read. And I sincerely hope that this information will aid in my search for employment with a manual typing company. I enjoy doing work like this. I recall that when I initially applied to the business https://www.typingservice.org/services/resume-typing-service/ , I was unable to make an order right away because there was a line of consumers waiting to order the service, which is in high demand. What I require is that.

There are special applications for this
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 11

(I use a MacBook)

There is a method. Its a bit long but you can get a pdf version (it will be images though). If you can program you should try and make a python program that screenshots every page and clicks the mouse to move to the next page and at the end bulk crops the images and converts it to a pdf. I have the code with me. If yall are interested, I can send it to you.
Original post by paramb123
There is a method. Its a bit long but you can get a pdf version (it will be images though). If you can program you should try and make a python program that screenshots every page and clicks the mouse to move to the next page and at the end bulk crops the images and converts it to a pdf. I have the code with me. If yall are interested, I can send it to you.

As the OP was 2 years ago, I think that they will have finished their course now.
Reply 13
Original post by bamtutor
As the OP was 2 years ago, I think that they will have finished their course now.

Ohh then if anyone else who sees this thread let me know and Ill send you the code
Reply 14
Ohh then if anyone else who sees this thread let me know and Ill send you the code

js came across this, can u send me the script? ive js made my account so idk if itll let me msg you, can u try dm'ing me?
Reply 15

Hi, I have an A level Further Mathematics Online Book that I'd like to convert (there seems to be a complete lack of it on the internet). Could you please send me the code so I can try and convert it?
Original post by Ilaahi
js came across this, can u send me the script? ive js made my account so idk if itll let me msg you, can u try dm'ing me?

hey did you get the code ?
Reply 17
Original post by false-augury
hey did you get the code ?

nope :frown:
Hi, I use this online converter https://oneconvert.com. Look for PDF converters in the header and select your ebook file type.
You're welcome)

Quick Reply

Latest