The Student Room Group

Stage 3 Fitness to Study Conference

Has any one got any experience of being told that a stage 3 fitness to study conference is being done for them, or any stage really, particularly at UCLan? The info says that if a member of staff thinks a student is a danger to themselves or others that this is a route to take. I suffer from depression and anxiety but I am neither of these things. I have had trouble attending Uni because between my DSA assessor and SFE they weren't able to arrange a suitable taxi service to take me to and from Uni, something that is beyond my control but I have bent over backwards to try and find a solution to nonetheless but the Inclusive Support adviser is stating the reasons for asking for the conference as "difficulties you are experiencing with returning to campus, accessing studies and missed teaching". I have told him prior to him mentioning the conference that my Husband (I'm a mature student) has arranged some flexibility at work and is able to drive me to and from Uni from this coming week but this could still be happening nonetheless and I'm admittedly very worried that I may be asked to leave due to something I have had no control over and also feel is quite an extreme action to take considering my circumstances. Any advice or shared experiences either from students at UCLan or other universities would be very helpful, thanks very much.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Has any one got any experience of being told that a stage 3 fitness to study conference is being done for them, or any stage really, particularly at UCLan? The info says that if a member of staff thinks a student is a danger to themselves or others that this is a route to take. I suffer from depression and anxiety but I am neither of these things. I have had trouble attending Uni because between my DSA assessor and SFE they weren't able to arrange a suitable taxi service to take me to and from Uni, something that is beyond my control but I have bent over backwards to try and find a solution to nonetheless but the Inclusive Support adviser is stating the reasons for asking for the conference as "difficulties you are experiencing with returning to campus, accessing studies and missed teaching". I have told him prior to him mentioning the conference that my Husband (I'm a mature student) has arranged some flexibility at work and is able to drive me to and from Uni from this coming week but this could still be happening nonetheless and I'm admittedly very worried that I may be asked to leave due to something I have had no control over and also feel is quite an extreme action to take considering my circumstances. Any advice or shared experiences either from students at UCLan or other universities would be very helpful, thanks very much.

Don't know if you'll get this response, but I have one in Tuesday. Could you reply to me if you do get it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending