The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

PWC Flying start Technology 2023 w/ Queen Mary London

Hey! I got an offer for the program and was wondering if anyone else had got the offer with Queen mary university?

If so, it would be great to get to know each other before the course starts!

Thanks <3
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sister A
Hey! I got an offer for the program and was wondering if anyone else had got the offer with Queen mary university?

Thanks <3

Heyy, congrats!! Yh i got an offer for queen mary tech too, whats ur insta?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
Original post by Yulixsara
Heyy, congrats!! Yh i got an offer for queen mary tech too, whats ur insta?

Thanks, congrats to you too!!
(edited 1 year ago)

Thanks <3

Yes I've got an offer too!! Ucas updated yesterday
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Yes I've got an offer too!! Ucas updated yesterday

Congratss! We'll see each other at the offer holder event i guess :smile:
we should make a gc with all the offer holders :smile:

Thanks <3
Reply 6
Original post by Tausif22
we should make a gc with all the offer holders :smile:

yeahh we should, what should we make it on?
I have also received an offer and an email for the offer holder event!
So I would like to join the gc as well, I think Snapchat is best
Jus got an unconditional offer!!!!!!!!!!! 🙏
snap?

yeahh we should, what should we make it on?
Reply 10
Original post by Tausif22
snap?

yeah, have some people added you already?
LOOOOL one person added me i don’t think anyone wants to make a gc my sc is tausifhd
Reply 12
Original post by tausif22
looool one person added me i don’t think anyone wants to make a gc my sc is tausifhd

bahahaha they really said no thanks, i'll add you don't worry.
Jus got an unconditional offer!!!!!!!!!!! 🙏

congrats!!!! how did u manage to get unconditional?? have u already done ur levels?

Thanks <3

same!! if you guys have a gc add me too, @abdullahx.04
Reply 15
Original post by officialabz
same!! if you guys have a gc add me too, @abdullahx.04

sadly not, there is no groupchat to exist, people didn't really say anything

Thanks <3

Hi I’m a year 12 student and I want to do a degree apprenticeship at qmul in tech and I was wondering what the process of the whole thing is and it is hard or easy l. Also I wanted to know what predictions you got if you don’t mind. Thanks
Reply 17
Hi I’m a year 12 student and I want to do a degree apprenticeship at qmul in tech and I was wondering what the process of the whole thing is and it is hard or easy l. Also I wanted to know what predictions you got if you don’t mind. Thanks

Hey!
I went into this whole application blind, so the predicted grades I applied with was AAA but I know someone who applied with AAB so don't stress too much.

This was a backup option for me but now its my top option so I initially applied for a medicinal degree so that was all my personal statement was about, so don't worry if your personal statement does not fit because at the end of the day, they're looking for the grades and someone who's different and fit for the company.

I thought I was going to be an extremely hard process but the first stage was the game based assessment - don't think you HAVE to do well on every single game because they're not looking for someone who gets everything right - when it came to the maths section, I was just clicking random answers that looked right to me.

When I got into the second stage - the career conversation - this is where its an interview but you speak into a recorded camera and the questions pop up. If I'm honest, I felt I did so horrible at this but I know a lot of people did because its way different to speaking to someone during an interview. But all you have to remember is during this they were looking for someone smiling, constantly looking forward at the camera and short and sweet answers, they do not need to be extremely detail. I did waffle for a bit but let's be honest that's unavoidable.

Third and final stage was the assessment centre day - sometimes assessment centres are usually in person and last for the whole day but my one was online and for only 1hr and 30 min. You were put into a group, where i recommend get along with the group during the introductions so it won't be hard to communicate with them during the case study where you would be getting individually marked using the PWC professionals criteria. During the case study, if someone else leads, think how to stand out as a team leader, ask questions to your peers and if you speak over someone, try use it to your advantage and say sorry, what was it you were trying to say.

Overall, I would say it was an emotional rollercoaster but I'm sure you'll be fine!
Hey!
I went into this whole application blind, so the predicted grades I applied with was AAA but I know someone who applied with AAB so don't stress too much.

This was a backup option for me but now its my top option so I initially applied for a medicinal degree so that was all my personal statement was about, so don't worry if your personal statement does not fit because at the end of the day, they're looking for the grades and someone who's different and fit for the company.

I thought I was going to be an extremely hard process but the first stage was the game based assessment - don't think you HAVE to do well on every single game because they're not looking for someone who gets everything right - when it came to the maths section, I was just clicking random answers that looked right to me.

When I got into the second stage - the career conversation - this is where its an interview but you speak into a recorded camera and the questions pop up. If I'm honest, I felt I did so horrible at this but I know a lot of people did because its way different to speaking to someone during an interview. But all you have to remember is during this they were looking for someone smiling, constantly looking forward at the camera and short and sweet answers, they do not need to be extremely detail. I did waffle for a bit but let's be honest that's unavoidable.

Third and final stage was the assessment centre day - sometimes assessment centres are usually in person and last for the whole day but my one was online and for only 1hr and 30 min. You were put into a group, where i recommend get along with the group during the introductions so it won't be hard to communicate with them during the case study where you would be getting individually marked using the PWC professionals criteria. During the case study, if someone else leads, think how to stand out as a team leader, ask questions to your peers and if you speak over someone, try use it to your advantage and say sorry, what was it you were trying to say.

Overall, I would say it was an emotional rollercoaster but I'm sure you'll be fine!

Thank you this helped a lot. :smile: Did you prepare for the interviews before hand and what were the interview questions like.
Reply 19
Thank you this helped a lot. :smile: Did you prepare for the interviews before hand and what were the interview questions like.

I prepped for like the general ideas so always prep for why did you choose THIS degree apprenticeship, why an apprenticeship and why this particular course or university? And like the typical behavioural ones like name a time where you showed teamwork etc, I had no work experience that was to do with tech so don't worry about that as long as you have some experience of something where you can link the skill, you're good. I remember there was this once question about a recent tech issue or any new news about like tech involving so keep up to date with any new things going on with tech.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending