The Student Room Group

Alvarez & Marsal 2023 Restructuring & Insolvency Apprenticeship/Graduate

I sent in an application to A&M 3 days ago. I haven't heard anything back yet. Considering qualifications can be auto-checked, I would've expected to have heard something by now.

As it's the first year they've done apprenticeships, does any have any idea how their graduate recruitment is structured? Is it a standard numerical, case study, group exercise, interview type deal, or is it just interviews?

I'd appreciate any insight, there's nothing on A&M at all online.
Hey i am also interested in their grad programme, but theres no info on their application process. Did you hear back at all after submitting your details?
Reply 2
Original post by abbhhu989jhg
Hey i am also interested in their grad programme, but theres no info on their application process. Did you hear back at all after submitting your details?

Yeah, they take a while to start the process. It took about 3 weeks for me.

Their process (for apprenticeships) is:
1. Initial phone screen - recruiter
2. Longer interview- recruiter/ asso. Directors
3. Case study
4. Final (fit?) Interview- managing director
Original post by Goodayyy

3. Case study

Was the whole process done online or any in-person interview?? Did you get the job? 😁
Reply 4
Original post by abbhhu989jhg
Was the whole process done online or any in-person interview?? Did you get the job? 😁

Just got my 2nd interview today. In the initial phone screen they gave me an overview of the whole process. The 1st two rounds are online/over the phone, and the last two are in person, at their offices.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
I just got an offer for their london office. Starting salary is £26.5k (+ bonus, whatever that is). I really enjoyed all their interviews (there were a lot of them, 4 in total!)

If anyone has any questions about the process, please DM me.
I just got an offer for their london office. Starting salary is £26.5k (+ bonus, whatever that is). I really enjoyed all their interviews (there were a lot of them, 4 in total!)

I have an interview with them next week but I can't DM on here, do you have any advice? :smile: it is the second stage interview for their graduate tax role
Reply 7
Original post by Lucyheenan3
I have an interview with them next week but I can't DM on here, do you have any advice? :smile: it is the second stage interview for their graduate tax role

Hey, I applied for the Restructuring apprenticeship, so the process might be different (perhaps harder) for tax/ grad level!

But.. It should just be a standard interview, why tax, why A&M, talk us through your cv? That kind of thing. With competency/strength based questions, i.e "tell me.about a time when you..." thrown in too. Being able to talk about what's hoing on in the tax industry as well would be very helpful. It'll probably be an initial interview with HR then a further interview with 2 people from tax. That's what mine involved.

Hope this helps, and best of luck!
Reply 8
Hi ! Would you recommend A&M for an apprentice? Any help/advice about what its really like to work there would be great. Thanks
Reply 9
Did u get the job? And if so, how is life @ A&M? Would u recommend for an apprentice??

3. Case study

Hey, what sort of format is the case study please and do you get the information in advance to prepare?

3. Case study

Hi,

I am applying for 2024 grad schemes. They posted their grad programme in September. Do you think it will be too late to apply now. Based on this forum it seems they take very long to start interviews?

I’ve got the case study next what can I expect?

Hi I’ve got the case study, what can I expect

Quick Reply

Latest