The Student Room Group
The choice is all yours but I'd say Spanish all the way, it's generally easier (especially at GCSE) and is much more widely spoken.
Reply 2
spanish is so much easier! i take a level french (year 13 now!), and the difference in the mark specification is huge- its a lot easier to pass spanish than french, in GCSE and A level. buuuut i'd say do whatever you think you would enjoy the most, because whatever you will enjoy the most, the more likely you'll want to revise/learn about it
French
Do you have any prior knowledge of either language?

Spanish pronunciation is much easier than French, however if you have any background knowledge of one or the other, then go for that one.
Reply 5
Original post by maiiiaoo
spanish is so much easier! i take a level french (year 13 now!), and the difference in the mark specification is huge- its a lot easier to pass spanish than french, in GCSE and A level. buuuut i'd say do whatever you think you would enjoy the most, because whatever you will enjoy the most, the more likely you'll want to revise/learn about it

would you say to take a level spanish or a level french if i've got only a gcse in french? or should i do both?

Latest

Trending

Trending