The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Does it really matter at this point? Aside from being a quaint bit of trivia its moot, the dude (and most of his family for that matter) are dead.

Either way, pessimism aside, which conspiracy? That the assassin didnt act alone, the government orchestrated it or one of the other countless ones? Suffice it to say, i doubt the whole truth is out there, going by the official comments about 'releasing classified papers' but i am less than convinced the government shot their boss, as it were.
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
Does it really matter at this point? Aside from being a quaint bit of trivia its moot, the dude (and most of his family for that matter) are dead.

Either way, pessimism aside, which conspiracy? That the assassin didnt act alone, the government orchestrated it or one of the other countless ones? Suffice it to say, i doubt the whole truth is out there, going by the official comments about 'releasing classified papers' but i am less than convinced the government shot their boss, as it were.

I beg to differ. It matters greatly. One of the highest polling presidents in US history is gruesomely assassinated in broad daylight on American soil and we are told by the Warren Commission (the official narrative) that it was the doing of a lone, crazed gunman. Then we are told by the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations: "The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. The committee was unable to identify the other gunmen or the extent of the conspiracy.". This tells us that even the US government is unsure about what happened on that November day in 1963. Why does this matter you ask? Because it is not just the ramblings of so-called "conspiracy theorists" that believe there are too many discrepancies in the Warren Commissions version of events. This means that there is a very real possibility that those responsible for the murder of the president of the united states evaded justice. It also leaves questions to be answered in why and how the Warren Commission got it so wrong. To say that one of the most significant and controversial historical events in the 20th century shouldn't be cared about because as you say," the dude are dead" is incredibly sad to hear. Seeing a 3-year-old JFK jr saluting his father's casket in combination with this completely lacking and inconclusive investigation into who may have been involved in his father's death is why this matters. Kennedy, the American people, and the remainder of his family deserve justice and a proper, apolitical investigation. If you are interested to hear my view, which you may not be, I would point you in the direction of forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril H Wecht: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqr8cfATwyo
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by ProtocolsofZion.
JFK diary calls Hitler 'stuff of legends'

Kennedy, then 28, predicted "Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived".

He wanted nuke free world (Israel wouldn't have it)

You believe that he was a fanatical nazi who wanted to "nuke free world" and we were saved by Mossad? I'm not sure if I read that wrong but, I really can't see how you came to that conclusion.

JFK fought against the axis powers in world war 2 and is one of only a few presidents to see actual combat, combat in which he was wounded .It is for this that he recieved a purple heart so, I find it very hard to believe your theory.
Reply 4
Original post by Xiphos
I beg to differ. It matters greatly. One of the highest polling presidents in US history is gruesomely assassinated in broad daylight on American soil and we are told by the Warren Commission (the official narrative) that it was the doing of a lone, crazed gunman. Then we are told by the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations: "The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. The committee was unable to identify the other gunmen or the extent of the conspiracy.". This tells us that even the US government is unsure about what happened on that November day in 1963. Why does this matter you ask? Because it is not just the ramblings of so-called "conspiracy theorists" that believe there are too many discrepancies in the Warren Commissions version of events. This means that there is a very real possibility that those responsible for the murder of the president of the united states evaded justice. It also leaves questions to be answered in why and how the Warren Commission got it so wrong. To say that one of the most significant and controversial historical events in the 20th century shouldn't be cared about because as you say," the dude are dead" is incredibly sad to hear. Seeing a 3-year-old JFK jr saluting his father's casket in combination with this completely lacking and inconclusive investigation into who may have been involved in his father's death is why this matters. Kennedy, the American people, and the remainder of his family deserve justice and a proper, apolitical investigation. If you are interested to hear my view, which you may not be, I would point you in the direction of forensic pathologist Dr. Cyril H Wecht: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqr8cfATwyo

And who are you to say they 'got it wrong' unless you're privy to information the rest of the globe arent?
As to random youtuber, what exactly is his part in this ?
Reply 5
Original post by Napp
And who are you to say they 'got it wrong' unless you're privy to information the rest of the globe arent?
As to random youtuber, what exactly is his part in this ?

As I said in my initial response: if you are interested in my opinion on the matter follow the link. Dr. Cyril H Wecht is an American forensic pathologist. He has been the president of both the American Academy of Forensic Sciences and the American College of Legal Medicine and is not a "random youtuber". My reasons behind believing that the warren commission's conclusion was inaccurate are mostly encapsulated in Dr. Wechts' talk at the sixth-floor museum. That is why I provided a link to that video. You seem to not only have misunderstood who wecht is but, are also so idle in this discussion that you could not be bothered to hear another person's viewpoint by simply clicking on a link. You also do not seem to be the most learned individual on the facts, although this may be down to your willful ignorance of the event as "the dude are dead". If you knew anything about the warren commission you would know that more than one person on the commission was placed there as a disruptor to produce a palatable conclusion. If you have anything serious to say I'm all ears but, after two responses I am somehow still waiting.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Xiphos
I beg to differ. It matters greatly. One of the highest polling presidents in US history is gruesomely assassinated in broad daylight on American soil and we are told by the Warren Commission (the official narrative) that it was the doing of a lone, crazed gunman. Then we are told by the United States House Select Committee on Assassinations: "The committee believes, on the basis of the evidence available to it, that Kennedy was probably assassinated as a result of a conspiracy. The committee was unable to identify the other gunmen or the extent of the conspiracy.". This tells us that even the US government is unsure about what happened on that November day in 1963. Why does this matter you ask? Because it is not just the ramblings of so-called "conspiracy theorists" that believe there are too many discrepancies in the Warren Commissions version of events. This means that there is a very real possibility that those responsible for the murder of the president of the united states evaded justice. It also leaves questions to be answered in why and how the Warren Commission got it so wrong. To say that one of the most significant and controversial historical events in the 20th century shouldn't be cared about because as you say," the dude are dead" is incredibly sad to hear. Seeing a 3-year-old JFK jr saluting his father's casket in combination with this completely lacking and inconclusive investigation into who may have been involved in his father's death is why this matters. Kennedy, the American people, and the remainder of his family deserve justice and a proper, apolitical investigation.

I am studying history at the university and I am interested in the history of the United States, especially with regard to the issue of building statehood and the institution of the presidency. On the page https://samplius.com/free-essay-examples/president-of-the-united-states/ I found very constructive articles about American presidents, comparing their policies.

Thank you so much for sharing.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by Quint Jackson
Thank you so much for sharing.

Sarcasm, right?
Reply 8
Another shooter will not matter, because Oswald will still be implacated in the conspiracy unwittingly or not, and not strolling around the neighborhood with a rifle accidentally. So, even on that assumption, you can still search for potential clues of anyone directing or manipulating him into being where he was and doing what he did in his past. Because those controlling the alleged other or real shooter must know about what he is doing in order to place any second shooter anywhere to frame him. So that shooter is in fact redundant, if your aim is to discover some sort unknown power in the shadows.

Now, it so happens that Oswald actually did move in many suspect circles. But I think that unless some of these publish some document, which I don't think they would dare, you will get no further. The usual suspects are the mafia because of the kennedys' quarrel with them, the cubans because of their conflicts with that nation and the soviets. The trail is now cold, all the witnesses and people involved dead, and if evidence exists it is stashed in some obscure archive.

But it is a very entertaining subject on which to speculate. If the potential evidence surives into a future time when the stakes are low and the chances of retaliation and loss of national prestige are less, we might get some new piece of information. Untill, then I am going for the Area51, and alien cover-up hypothesis. I also believe that Sweden might be involved somehow.
(edited 6 months ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending