The Student Room Group

What did you guys think of Oppenheimer?

TBH I found it a tad boring at the end since legal dramas don't really pique my interest (I didn't even know what they were going on about in the end) it would be good if you guys gave me your ops.
I liked it although like all of Nolan’s films I think I’ll enjoy it the more times I rewatch it. However, I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t more science in it, I wanted to see more info and CGI on the molecules and stuff that they kept talking about and it just never came. I guess I just expected it to be more of a mind-bending sciency film like Inception, Tenet and Interstellar whereas it ended up being mostly about personal relationships, betrayals, vindictiveness and so on. Still masterfully done though.
(edited 9 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Sorcerer of Old
I liked it although like all of Nolan’s films I think I’ll enjoy it the more times I rewatch it. However, I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t more science in it, I wanted to see more info and CGI on the molecules and stuff that they kept talking about and it just never came. I guess I just expected it to be more of a mind-bending sciency film like Inception, Tenet and Interstellar whereas it ended up being mostly about personal relationships, betrayals, vindictiveness and so on. Still masterfully done though.

exactly, I thought that the bomb would be the big finale like the library in interstellar then it carried on😂
I still think to go to the cinema and watch it. But I am not convinced yet.
Reply 4
more like sloppenheimer
Original post by Ajdj12
more like sloppenheimer

Sounds rather like FLOPpenheimer. Is this film really so bad? the trailers were auspicious.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Kallisto
Sounds rather like FLOPpenheimer. Is this film really so bad? the trailers were auspicious.

I haven't watched it yet, but i've seen the memes
Reply 7
I described it as bits of A Beautiful Mind and JFK blended together with a litre of apple juice by a 5 year old. It really is dull for about half of its length. No wonder they had to put in the nudity to liven it up.

Quick Reply

Latest